Zanilla by Heartofemotion

Title: Zanilla

Title: Zanilla

Author: heartofemotion

Genre: Historical Fiction

Title: 5/5

Cover: 4/5

Blurb: 8/10

Grammar: 19/20

Plot: 18/20

Character Development: 20/20

Originality: 20/20

Total: 97/100

Honest Review:

At the glance of the title, 'Zanilla' catches my eye, from the time this book has been assigned to me. A lot of questions about the title traveled through my head as I process what the title could mean, could it be a place? An occasion? Or if you are crazy as me, maybe a flavor? I admit, I really thought it was a kind of flavor. But turned out I was wrong. 'Zanilla' is a name. That's just how creative the tile is, making the reader curious at one single glance.

The cover is eye-catching as well as the title. I love how the font makes everything clear and the cover that tells us that "This, is some kind of Oriental concept." The author's name and the title written it ---which is important--- are clear, so you won't have any problem with the cover.

Okay, there are people who says that you can't judge a book by the cover---or blurb, or even title, but in some cases, blurbs, cover, titles, makes the book attractive, it should have connection and creativity at the same time, the blurb of this book is too short, there's something more missing than just plainly describing the two main characters my recommendation is to add a little insight---not just any insight, the insight should give an attraction to the reader, because I have read a lot of blurbs, describing the main characters, giving the common problems, and that's it if you have the original storyline, then you should never be afraid putting original blurbs.

The grammar is impressive and I'm not lying. It's super clean that you would never mind little punctuation errors along the way, but in my case, I found a few punctuation errors, but they can be easily corrected, but still, you have to be careful typing because it might give a different meaning to a sentence, which is easily confusing the reader. Remember, there are different words those words have those synonyms, but those synonyms are used in the word itself's own way.

I have to admit, the first chapter to read has some kind of hook, but then as I read along the way, I get confused as to what is happening I don't know maybe because it bored me? And the 'attack' happened became a little too fast for me, as in you could find that on the prologue right away. I recommend the author to add mini-events that will hook the reader, and not make the events happen a little too fast, or a little too slow, just right enough. But other than that, you can follow the story along the way, I think that's what matters the most.

I love the character development, you have to see them flow their qualities, and I love how new characters pass by and interact with the main characters, I have nothing to say other than that because the character development us impressive.

I have yet to see a book like this before. Honestly, I never read books with Chinese characters, or books with temples, guards, swords or sorts of Oriental culture. I often see those ideas on television series and I love how this book has the idea that makes the reader feel like watching television series.

Overall, Zanilla is an excellent read. I can see why this book had a lot of first place achievements on writing contests. I can say that this book deserves to be read.

~

Thank you ArtAngel142 for the amazing review.