The Illicit Bezzi by Tefnut09

Title: The Illicit Bezzi

Author: Tefnut09

Genre: Mystery/Thriller

Title: 5/5

Cover: 3/5

Blurb: 8/10

Grammar: 16/20

Plot: 17/20

Character Development: 16/20

Original: 17/20

Total: 82/100

Honest Review:

The title draws immediate interest and has obvious relevance to the book.

The cover is a little dark (I know this is intended,) but I would suggest maybe lightening some element of it so that the image is clearer. The cover is the first thing a reader sees and often helps them decide whether or not to read your book. The font, however, is clear and eye-catching.

The blurb is a bit vague and confusing. Maybe add some more detail about what the story will be about. Your blurb should be a short summary to attract your reader's attention.

The grammar in the story makes things very difficult to understand at times. Be careful with changing tense, as this really disconnects the reader. I would definitely suggest that you split your paragraphs up as this will really help the readability of your story. (I think chapter 4 was on the whole paragraph.) Large amounts of writing like this can put readers off.

Your plot is interesting and action-filled, from the start. This is great and will encourage readers to continue.

In regards to character development, it would be nice to have some description as to what your characters are feeling. Try to show us rather than tell us. 

Overall, I think your story has potential but needs to have substantial editing.

~

Thank you BethAmos for the amazing review.