King Eden by RowanCarver

Title: King Eden

Title: King Eden

Author: RowanCarver

Title: 4/5

Cover: 3/5

Blurb: 8/10

Grammar: 19/20

Plot: 18/20

Character Development: 19/20

Original: 19/20

Total: 90/100

Honest Review:

I have scored 4 for the title as it is direct, and has obvious relevance to the book being the main character in the story.

The cover is very artistic and definitely draws the reader's attention. However, I've scored it as 3 because, personally for me, it's difficult to see straight off what it is without looking very closely, especially on a small screen.

The Blurb is a great summary of the book and does an excellent job of explaining it. The Blurb is written in a very professional manner and encourages the reader to continue with the book.

The writing is polished and there are very few grammatical mistakes. This is refreshing to see and enables the reader not to get distracted or confused and focus on the reading.

The back history and scene-setting really make the reader feel as though they are there. You have a unique and creative style of writing that makes this book stand out from a crowd.

The plot flows nicely, possibly a little fast at times but this works well with the concept and as you say as it was originally a comic strip, this makes perfect sense. Consider maybe adding a few longer complex sentences here and there if you want to slow the pace down.

In regards to character development, it's nice to learn about your characters through her interactions and the way you describe her, rather than just being simply told what she looks like. The dialogue between characters is excellent and flows perfectly.

Overall the idea of your story is original and interesting. This book is clearly going to be publishable. Well done!

~

Thank you BethAmos for the amazing review.