23

TAEYEON POV

I woke up without my wife by my side and greeted me by my long lost aunt Lady Seohyun brought me finally from where I belong, the Royal Palace formerly Tiffany's residence when she's still reigning as the Queen and everyone avoided mentioning my wife's name because she was arrested for deceiving the nation that she's the late and former King Hwang's only daughter which was false and before I even woke up from the hospital with only Sooyoung sadly smiling at me as she told me about the decision regarding Tiffany's case and now I'm here securely hidden inside my chamber until the ceremony will start later. I am now wearing an expensive red ceremonial hanbok with my family's symbol at the back for the coronation, I was empty and sad that I couldn't have a chance to see my wife's face inside the interrogation room since it's restricted by Commander Kwon and now my friend Sooyoung was appointed as the Deputy Keeper of the Main Royal Palace which was my home after I crown as a Queen but many thoughts occupied my mind because I don't want to lived like this, a prisoner in your home, following protocols and even marry to someone I didn't loved at all. I heard from Lady Seohyun that she will marry me off to an Emperor after I confessed about my legal marriage with Tiffany, she doesn't says a word but she definitely process the annulment immediately because it will affect the good relationship between the Emperor's country and our nation, I must think of a plan to escape from here like what Tiffany did before.

"Your Highness, the ceremony will start now." One of the royal maids announced and I was ushered by the royal Eunuch beside me bowing their heads and following me behind while holding the symbol of the ceremony for coronation I've never seen before.

"Do you feel uncomfortable, your Highness?" Maybe, the royal Eunuch caught me feeling irritated with my hanbok as I couldn't concentrate myself while we we're walking towards the hallway through the main ground of the ceremony.

"I'm fine thank you." I awkwardly smile at him before we proceeded and I was amazed by the huge number of attendees probably noble ones whose invited. My fresh appearance fulfilled their eyes as they stared on me with joy in their hearts, but my eyes keep on searching with someone else, I spotted Sooyoung as she winks at me before I gave her my humble smile and heard a cough coming from the Royal Prince who took the throne for awhile after Tiffany left and from what I've heard, he's my late father's uncle whose next in line on the throne, he perfectly nailed his speech that makes me awe before he gave me a stern look, I keep my mouth shut while clasping my hands together praying someone will save my ass from this sh*t. Before he finished off the speech and crown me as the new Queen, an unknown person followed by his groups of black suited men stopped the ceremony and one by one they shoot everybody, I was pulled by my personal Eunuch so I got safe from the assassination, I thought that his motives was to kill me because I'm taking the throne.

"Who is he?" I asked the Eunuch without being nervous and he could only stares at me in unbelievable manner.

"He's Prince Nichkhun, the former Queen Tiffany's fiancee." I finally recognized him and couldn't remember his name and my words cut off when quickly we got on our feet and ready to escape the chaotic place followed by some of the palace guards. They protecting me from Prince Nichkhun and I wonder how Tiffany deals with this everyday of her life, she hates crowded places so she stays at home instead of finding a job and learned house chores only.