Alonzo's Pizzeria

Walking the hallway without Sarah felt wrong, but I was satisfied knowing that she would be home by the time the last bell rings.

"Penny for your thoughts?" Grant takes his seat behind me.

I shake my head, "No thoughts here."

He smiles, "After the weekend we have all had... and still no thoughts?"

Charlotte props her hip on the edge of my desk, "Sarah comes home today, and I think we should all do something for her."

"Like a party?" Grant grins.

I wave my finger in his face, "No on the whole party thing, but we can grab some pizzas and go visit her."

Grant's smile disappears when Heath takes his seat.

We all exchange looks for a few minutes in silence.

"Anyways, pizza sounds good. Maybe you can ask Liam when would be a good time to go over there?"

I nod, "I will catch him after class."

Charlotte skips to her seat and I feel a tap on my shoulder.

I turn to see Heath leaning over his desk at a whisper, "How is she?"

I roll my eyes, "I don't think you have the right to ask about her. Why do you even care?"

He closes his eyes, "Because I do."

"She doesn't like you."

He shakes his head, "You have no idea what is going on. Just forget I ever said a word to you."

He leans back into his seat and ignores me for the rest of the class.

The hallway was full of chatter, but I quickly spotted Liam's voice.

He stepped away from his teammates as I approached him.

"Hey, beautiful."

Several eyes moved to us as he wrapped his arm around my waist and kissed me.

I use my finger to wipe his bottom lip, "Hello to you too, handsome."

He swings his head to the side, repositioning his hair, "So what is this is I hear about a party?"

I laugh, "You have got to be kidding me? I literally just left class... let me guess, Charlotte?"

He tapped my nose with his finger, "Bingo," putting his arm across my shoulder blades, "And I actually think a party is the perfect plan."

I twist my mouth to the side, "Really?," I push my hair to the side, "I haven't really enjoyed any party that I have been to."

He stopped in the middle of the hallway, "I'm sorry, I didn't even think about it."

I half smile, "It's okay, but I'm thinking just a few pizzas and a card game."

He pushed my nose with his finger, "Boring, but okay."

Charlotte skipped to our sides and smiled, "Hello Friends," she popped her hip against mine, "What time do I need to arrive?"

Liam checked his phone, "They are discharging her in an hour. We can all ride together to Alonzo's Pizzeria after school."

"Sounds fun. I will be waiting on the parking lot." Charlotte walked down the hall and met with a few of the soccer girls at the cafeteria doors.

"Are you sure she will be up to visitors?"

Liam hugged me, "I think it will be just what she needs."

I kiss him softly and quickly, "I hope she warms up to the idea of you and me."

He kisses me back, "She already has."

I flash confusion, "What do you mean?"

The bell rings, and he quickly pulls me towards my next class, "You are different from the other girls. I never loved any of them."

My face blushes at the L word.

We stop at my classroom door, "She knows that I love you, and that's all she needed to know."

I wrap my arms around him tightly, "That's all I needed to know, too."

He pulls away, "Parking lot, after school."

I nod and take my seat in class.

The rest of the day seemed to drag on, until finally the last bell rang. I gathered my things and started making my journey to the parking lot.

"Can I talk to you?"

I knew the voice before I turned around.

"What do you want, Heath? I'm kind of in a hurry."

He reached out and grabbed my bag, "I will be quick."

I cross my arms, "Two minutes. And it starts now."

He let go of my bag, "Look, I know that you all think I did this terrible thing and gave her drugs and changed her, but she came to me. She already had drugs, and she changed months ago."

I shake my head, "I don't care to listen to the bull shit."

"Emilie, it's not bullshit."

I waved my arm as I walked away, but he jumped in front of me, "Seriously, I am in a hurry."

He put his hand on my shoulder, "We slept together that night."

Pure shock was the only emotion I could feel. I was just about to respond when I felt someone's arm wrap around me and their chest press to my back.

"What the hell do you want?"

Liam wedges himself between the two of us. Heath looked over his shoulder, "We were just having a simple conversation."

Liam looked and me and I agreed, "It's Fine, I will meet you at the Jeep."

Liam didn't want to leave me, but he did. Once he was out of sight, I finished the conversation.

"I don't believe you. Sarah would have told me if she slept with anyone, especially you." 

Heath laughed, "Trust me, Emilie. Sarah barely told you anything."

I was fed up with his bullshit, and I pushed past him. Charlotte and Liam were waiting beside the Jeep. He immediately met me halfway asking me what happened.

I shook my head, "It was really nothing. Let's just go get the pizza."

Charlotte sent me a questioning look, "Alonzo's here we come!"

My Jamz playlist kept us all entertained us on the way to the pizzeria. We park and I offer to run in and grab the boxes.

"Name on the ticket?"

"White."

The guy across the counter starts to dig through the stack of tickets.

"Already using his last name? Things seem to be moving quick."

My heart sank to my ass. My eyes slowly meet those of AJ Vannatta's.

"Long time no see, Emilie."

"Not long enough, Dickhead."