Six hundred, thirty-two

TW: mention of death, sad/angry characters, blame

*SPOILER FOR NEW PHINEAS AND FERB MOVIE WITH THOMAS SANDERS IN IT!!!*

August 28th, 2020- my life is complete, I am accepting this as a late birthday present from Thomas... This is the only thing good to come out of 2020 so far

I love him so much and him being in Phineas and Ferb, which was MY CHILDHOOD, basically made my life so much better : D

He was the host for the talk show, and I'm pretty sure he was in the song as well!!!

TIME FOR THOMAS TO BE A GAY DISNEY PRINCE!!!

Honestly, Thomas is the most precious person EVER! AND NOW HE'S IN A DISNEY MOVIE!!!! I can't stop screaming and in his reaction on Instagram, he looked about to cry from joy!! *explodes as the aliens do... CANDACE*

Also when Doofenshmirtz sang about "adulting" I was constantly saying, "you mean adultery : )"

Thomas is so wholesome! Gosh, I love him so much... I'll go now since Y'all clearly has better things to do than to read my rant about Thomas, or even this story... If anyone reads this that is...

*no spoilers after this point*

"Patton you have to drink something," Roman says softly

The sobbing hero shook his head, "I FAILED!"

Roman frowned, he hated losing. Especially to those villains. He hated the smug look that was sure to be on their faces. He saved as many people as he could. But each injury, each emotional trauma, each DEATH was all his fault. He blamed himself for being unable to save them.

Clearly, Patton did too. He thought that everyone should live. Unless there was a very good reason for them to die. There were very few reasons Patton will accept. The main one was protecting large groups of people and this was the only way.

The two heroes felt the burden of the 632 casualties. Gosh, they hated that word. It made the deaths of innocents seem so... so INSIGNIFICANT.

The deaths of these people with FAMILIES! With PETS! With friends, and people who care for them...

Imagine going to work to provide for your family. Then the building suddenly explodes around you. Your family hears about your death from the news. You, gone. Their source of income... gone. Their friend, family, significant other, their true love, their soulmate, the love of their life, gone, because some villains decided to blow up a building!

"Patton, you have to drink something," Roman tries again, giving him a water bottle.

He reluctantly takes a sip which calms his crying, but only slightly. "I-I'm sorry... sorry... Roman, I-I just... blame myself," He takes another, long drink of water.

Roman sighs, "I know, but it's not your fault. It was that awful Storm and Hecate,"

Patton drank more water before speaking in a slightly broken voice, "Y-you don't know they were the ones..."

"Oh come on!" Roman snapped, "They were fighting us then disappeared JUST before the building went down. Who else could it have been?"

"Y-yeah, I guess you're right..." Patton sighed, "I just wish I could have saved everyone..."

Roman glared at the wall, "If only we knew the building was going to explode, then I could have sent some clones in to clear it and find the bomb!"

Patton instantly set-asides his guilty feelings to help his angry friend, "It's alright, Roman, you didn't know. It wasn't your fault,"

"Yes, it was! I am a superhero! I am supposed to protect people!!!!" He slammed his fist into the wall. "I should have known they were up to something!"

"Ro, you can't tell the future, if it's not my fault, it's definitely not yours," He determined.

The princely-attire clad hero broke into tears, "T-t-then w-why do... do we b-blame ourselves EVERY TIME!"

Patton didn't reply, just held the sobbing boy. He knew they blamed themselves because they were the heroes, they were supposed to save everyone. Make the world safer! But they fail. They fail the innocent people who suffer. They fail the world. They fail themselves!

Was what they were doing enough? Was it even worth it? Did more people get hurt from them fighting then who would have if they had done nothing? Or were they meant to do more? Were they even worth anything?

Roman sniffled, pulling himself together, "Patton? Do you ever wonder why the villains do what they do?"

"What do you mean, Kiddo?" Patton asked

"Well, most of the time there's an origin story, same with heroes..." Roman trailed off, unsure if he wanted to know.

Patton smiled, "You're wondering if what they're doing is justified. Don't worry, every hero wonders this as well,"

"But what if we're the wrong ones?" Roman sniffled.

"We can't be," Patton says softly, a dark undertone to his voice, "We save people, they kill them. For fun,"

"You're right," Roman nodded, knowing better than to push the topic.

***

A/n: Not much to say here since I said it up top but I'M STILL FANGIRLING OVER THOMAS SANDERS BEING IN PHINEAS AND FERB: CANDACE AGAINST THE UNIVERSE!!!!

Have a great day, Kiddos! Ily!!!!