Overworked

TW: overworking, exhaustion

"Come on, Virgil, keep going!" Logan snaps

"Shut up," The boy pants

"Pathetic," Logan mutters

Virgil glares and steels himself, running faster, catching up to Logan. Yes, Logan was harsh sometimes but he was right. Virgil was pathetic. He would have died and failed at everything without Logan pushing him to be at his best. 

He knew that Logan had to be right. The man was a genius. He wasn't purposely mean, at least not to Virgil. So, everything he said to him was true. Pathetic. Weak. Useless. Disposable

Pushing himself to the brink, Virgil kept running. Logan was a lot faster, constantly berating him for dragging behind until Virgil dropped from pure exhaustion.  Logan slowed, recognizing it was time to stop. 

"We can take a break," Logan spoke as though the long run had not affected him. Virgil was this close to convincing himself Logan is a robot. He was still recovering from whatever happened to him, how was he not out of breath?

Virgil was anxious to get back to the 8 year old child who still hadn't woken up. He shook his head, "Let's just run back," 

"Are you sure?" Logan asked

He grunted, pulling himself to his feet and running clumsily back towards the lair. Logan pushed aside his concern for his friend and jogged after the stubborn villain. 

After they arrived back at the lair, Logan went to go plan their next attack and Virgil went up to where the child was asleep. Deceit was dozing in a chair but jolted awake as his boyfriend entered. 

"How is he? Don't lie,"

Dee sighed, "You don't trust me, do you?" 

Virgil blinked, "What?" 

He shook his head, letting the subject drop, "The boy will be okay, he has hypothermia so we have to keep it warm," 

Virgil went over and fixed a blanket tighter around the young child, "Has he woken up at all?" 

Dee shook his head, "If he doesn't wake up soon, I'll have to get Logan hook him up to an IV," 

"Is he at least breathing on his own?" 

"Yes, thank goodness," The snake-faced man leaned his head on Virgil's shoulder. 

Storm wrapped his arm around Dee's waist, "You okay, darling?" 

"Fine," He hissed, clearly lying. 

Something was happening to Virgil's heart, it was twinging quite painfully as he drew the other male into his arms. The smaller one shook slightly, causing Virge to tighten his grip and whisper soft sweet nothings. 

"Uh oh, feelings," Logan said uncomfortably from the doorway. 

Dee tries to pull away but Virgil won't let him, "Do you need anything, Lo?" 

Logan stepped back, closing the door, "No, carry on,"

The two held each other for a bit before Deceit pulled fully away. "Virgil, how can I help you trust me?" 

"I-I do trust you..." He did not sound convincing. 

"No, you don't," He swore

"Well can you blame me? Your powers are deception!" Virgil snaps, defending himself. 

Dee sighed, leaving the room. Virgil grumbles under his breath and stomps out to follow the  other villain, but he had already disappeared. Blaming himself for messing up, he went out to the garage. 

Virgil pushed himself past the physical breaking point for the second time that day. Beating a punching bag into submission, bruising his hands as he refused to use gloves. 

"You are hurting yourself," Logan mentioned in a monotone voice when he came to find Virgil a few hours later. 

"What about it?" Virgil grinded his teeth, speeding up his punches as the bag came swinging back with a vengeance. 

"Can you s-stop?" A note of concern cracked his voice. 

This caused Virgil to falter, the bag swung back, nearly knocking him over. "Since when do you care about anyone?" 

He pulled the other villain away from the punching bag, "I need you physically fit for our next attack," 

Dang, Logan, that's cold. Virgil nodded, allowing him to bandage his hands. His words may have been harsh but Logan had an odd look on his face. The gentle way Logan was fixing the wounds told the true story, the logical villain cared, just refused to admit it. 

***

A/n: Heya, Kiddos! not sure what this chapter is tbh, also not sure if I like it? Lemme know what you think!