Chocolate Cookies

After a brimful day, Mia finally unlocked the door of her house and invaded in

Her breath seemed to stutter in her lungs before she let it go, feeling the tension drain from her body. Her breathing returned to normal and she felt as if she could face the problems that were ahead of her until this day is over.

"Mia?" The voice of her brother made her gulp in the realization that just hit her.

She has to talk to people.

Although her energy was depleting every each second that was passing she managed to speak.

"Yes?" She questioned staring at the narrow hallway for her brother to come. "Are you home?" He asks and Mia scoffs, rolling her eyes.

"Apparently!" She takes her shoes off placing them right next to the fluffy doormat. With an occasional stare at the transparent mirror she fixes her hair and walks further in the house.

Her footsteps created a path towards Jungkook's door. With a shoft knock she was awaiting for him to answer. "Come in!" He announced and Mia cleared her throat opening the door.

"Jungkook?" She invades the room staring at the back of her brother sitting on his desk with a pile of books located to his front. "Hey... You are late again!" He grints towards his lovely sister and opens a book at a random page.

"I am sorry... I was catching up with some friends and lost track of time." She apologized but also lied about the reason she is late as always.

The truth is that her lack of friends was  not a matter that could concern Jungkook, just because she never let him know. She was always making up names, occasions and memories just because she didn't want to agitate him.

"With that girl, Hongdon, again?" He asked and Mia gulped hard before nodding. "Yes... Yeah... As always... How was your day?" She changed the subject diving onto his soft mattress.

"Well, It was okay! It was good, thanks for asking!" He reassured her finally getting ready to study.

"Did you eat?" He asks browsing through the pages of the book. She was getting dizzy staring at the numbers inside his book from afar.

"Uh... Um not yet." She announces fixing her skirt. "There's some pasta in the fridge, you should try it!" He blurred out without even sparing a glance at the girl. "Did you pay the bills that were under the doormat?" She asked remembering the white envelopes under the mat.

"What bills?" He asked and she averted her mouth in surprise. "Y-You didn't see them?" She asks and he lazily gets up staring at the girl finally.

"Wait..." With his feet dragging he left the door ajar, making his way to the front door. After a while he walked in with the envelopes on his hands and his eyes hunting for the numbers.

More numbers... Digitals... prices.

He was acquainted when it came to Math, something that his sister always was avoiding at all costs.

His expression changed dramatically as soon as he glared at the number in the buttom of the paper. "What? What? Is that bad?" Mia kneels down onto his matress and Jungkook sat on the bed beside her.

"That's impossible..." He whispered staring at the paper reminding Mia of their financial problem. The girl went closer and her eyes widened up in awe as soon as he saw what left Jungkook speechless a while ago.

"I already paid the bills for the electricity and gave my whole savings I had from my part time job... But this time I didn't get to save any more money..." He said distressed of what the future might bring.

"When are you gonna get paid?" She asks placing her palm onto his one shoulder.

"At the end of the month!"

The girl scratched her head in her attempt to find an idea. "I-I mean I also have some savings so we could pay with my money until you get paid."

"But still... What are we gonna do the upcomimg mothns?" He questions glaring over the papers once again. "I don't know Jungkook..." Mia was depressed.

"Maybe I should get a job as well!" She proposed but this idea came to contrast with the boy's beliefs.

"What? No! You still go to school, you need to study!" He declares not leaving a choice to the girl. "Yes but I need to do something as well... I can't let you overwork this hard!" She always cared about her brother.

He was so hardworking, diligent, dedicated to whatever he was invested. So she wanted to make it easy for him.

"Okay... Um listen... We are gonna use the money you were saving all this time for now and..." He scratched the back of his neck in his attempt to think.

"... And I will think of something you could do to earn some money as well, okay?" He grinds awaiting for her nod. "Fine... The money  is inside the cookie jar!" She announced ready to flee out.

"Y-you ate all the cookies?" He asked like something inside of him broke. "I-I am sorry..." She bowed and he pouted. "You could at leasy save one for me" he compained and Mia giggled at his cuteness.

"The next time I will!" Mia reassured him but he crossed his arms and turned his face at the exact opposite direction from her.

"I dont believe you!" He cries like a baby.

With achuckle she approached him and gave him a quick smooch on the cheek. He flinches and turns around surprised.

"I will be in my room if you need me!" I smile.

--------

A/n: Hello people! How are you? I hope you are great. This is more of a fill-up chapter so you can undrestand what will happened in the next chapters. Thank you for giving a shot to my book... Kisses ! 🥰