Chapter 20:

Shelly

"Aye, the love of my life is finally pregnant with my baby."

I placed my hand against my forehead. Kaine would not shut up about me being pregnant. He has been telling everybody and I mean literally everyone. Right now we are walking through the store and he has stopped so many people saying the same thing. Some people looked at him like he was crazy while other people said congratulations.

I was ready to slap him because he knows I can not stand extra unnecessary attention and that is all that he was bringing to us.

I still can't believe he found out without me having to tell him first. Now he's just telling everybody without me.

"Kaleb." I said through gritted teeth.

"What's up babe?" He asks turning towards me.

"Shut the hell up and this is the last time I am going to tell you."

"Okay, damn. Mean ass." He said snapping his head back making a face.

I groaned as my phone rung and it was my mom. I don't know who is gonna drive me more crazy her or Kaine.

"Yes mother?"

"When's the doctors appointment?" She asks right away.

"I didn't make it yet."

"Well what the hell are you waiting for!? It's been a whole week since you found out. You need to get you some prenatal pills and make sure my grandbaby is okay." I sighed.

"I got this mom."

"Okay, I trust you. I know my Kaleb will be all over your ass if you don't do what you have to do."

"Already moms." Kaine said obviously overhearing her.

Lord, please keep me from hurting the two people I love the most.

*

"Kaleb can we please tell them together?" I ask stopping him before we entered his mom and dad's house.

They were having a party for Brei and Jordan together since they are turning one in a couple of weeks.

He sighed like it was the hardest thing in the world. "Fine Shelly."

"I'm not playing Kaleb. Don't fuck around and end up on punishment." I walk pass him leaving him standing there mouth gaped.

Everybody was here literally. Even their very much hateful Aunt Shay.

"This bitch." Kaleb mumbled luckily I'm the only one that heard him.

"I thought yall wasn't gonna come and I was gonna bring this damn party right to y'all." Mama said hugging me. "Kaine get the hell out of my pots!"

"Ooh you got the bake macaroni." I said looking in the oven as Kaine opened the oven. "The hell?" I mumbled when he opened the the pot of greens on the stove and the smell made my stomach turn.

"Excuse me." I said before rushing off to the guest bathroom.

After freshening up I walked back to the kitchen to see all the ladies staring at me with big ass smiles on their faces. "What?" I ask

"You're pregnant!" Nel, Karma, and Mama exclaimed before rushing over to hug me.

"Really Kaleb!?" I exclaim.

"Aye! I didn't say shit, you gave ya damn self up." Kaine said holding his hands up in surrender.

"Awh, another grandbaby. Y'all just gonna keep popping out these babies."

"No I'm one and done. Jordan and Jaden enough for us." Nel said.

"Me too." I said. "I think Karma gonna be the one with the most kids."

"What? Why me? Hell mothafuckin no. I'm one and done too." She said shaking her head fast.

"It's gonna be a girl watch." Mama said.

"Hell no it's not." Kaine said.

"Hell yes it is." I said looking at him like he is crazy. "I do not need two Kaines. No, hell no. One crazy ass you is more than enough."

"I ain't having no girls bruh no, fuck no." He said shaking his head.

"He got me all the way fucked up if he thinks I'm having a mini him."

"Thighs I know you ain't go and get fuckin pregnant? By another nigga!?" Z said coming into the kitchen.

"Don't start." I said pointing at him.

"I ain't gonna fuck with y'all today." He laughed. "Congrats bruh." He said dapping Kaine up.

"Apperciate it." He said.

"Young nigga about to be a year older what y'all got planned?" Z asks.

"Nothing, because dumbass gotta go to court. On his damn birthday!" I exclaim shaking my head.

"Shut up Shelly." Kaine's salty ass mumbled.

"Oh yeah, you just fuckin reminded me." Mama said as she turned around and hit Kaine with her spoon.

"What the fuck mom!?" He exclaimed.

"Don't be out here fuckin fighting." She said.

"Nah, fuck that." His dad said coming into the kitchen. "I just know you better had fucked that nigga up."

Kaine laughed dapping his dad up. "You already fuckin know."

*

"Can I talk to you two to the side?" Kaine's Aunt Shay asks.

"No." Kaine says.

I hit his arm that was around my center. "Yes." I pulling Kaine along as he mumbled slick shit.

"I just wanna apologize for the way that I treated you without even getting to know you. I just assumed because of the way Karma switched up when Nel came around and acted you would act the same."

"Broad is crazy." Kaine whispered into my neck. He wasn't paying her ass no mind he was too busy kissing on me.

I popped his hand away as he tried to grab my boob. I was trying my hardest not to laugh. He's so disrespectful.

"... and I just really want yall to understand I'm sorry." Oh shit Kaine done made me miss what she done said.

"We understand and we can let the past be the past." I said.

Kaine laughed as she smiled and walked away.

"What?" I ask.

"Ya ass didn't hear shit she said just like I didn't."

"Shut up asshole, you shouldn't have distracted me."

"I'ma distract when we get home alright."

"Not even." I said walking away from him only for him to slap my ass.

"That ass man, that fuckin ass!" He yelled.

"Mouth Kaleb!"