Chapter 25:

Kaine

As I got to the hospital room I just ran once I was given the room that was Shelly since Nel was here and was already with her.

"Shelly I know you are a nurse, but can you just do what we say?" Austin asks sighing as Shelly removed the oxygen mask from her face.

"I don't need that shit." She snaps.

"Nichelle." I say through gritted teeth. "Talk to me." I said looking between Austin and Nel.

"She's havinng preterm contractions-" Austin says but Shelly cuts him off.

"We are fuckin fine! I just wanna know about my fuckin brother!!" She yells. Her breathing became shaky and Nel placed the mask back on to her face.

"Calm yo ass down Nichelle." I said into her ear. She sent me a glare and I sent her one back, but then she nodded calming down.

She took her mask off a little. "I just wanna know about Nico." She says sadly.

"I'ma go check on him Shelly. Nel run all the tests all over again." He said before nodding his head towards the door for me to follow him.

"Besides the contractions her and the baby are perfectly fine, but we are gonna continue through out the day to run tests to be sure. Now, even with the preterm contractions we are gonna get them under control or there's still the risk of going into premature labor. If the attempt to stop it works, get ready for her complaining and fighting because I'ma keep her in this hospital. She's 34 weeks we wanna get her to 37 weeks or more." I sighed nodded.

"As long as my baby girl coo."

He nodded. "Now about Nico." He sighed making me cringe inside. "He got it worse, way worse. He was unconscious when he came in here. He was having internal blooding and was rushed to surgery. I am going to check on the progress of that now so I'ma come back and keep yall updated." I nodded sighing.

"Thanks man." He patted me on the back then walked away.

*

I watched Shelly sleep. I rubbed slow circles into her stomach feeling my baby girl kick softly.

I stared off into space thinking about when we first met. I chuckled. She didn't make this relationship easy for a nigga at the very beginning.

**

"Boy how old are you?" Shelly stops and asks.

I've been trying to talk to her forever now, but she never pays a nigga any attention. I know she came into this coffee shop everyday for her caramel frappe. Luckily I came in here with mom one day or I wouldn't have met her when I bumped into her. For some reason something kept telling me to come back and I did everyday just to see and talk to her.

"Old enough." I answered. She rolled her eyes and continued walking out the shop. "Nah," I say following her. "I'm nineteen."

"Exactly, too young for me. I'm 24."

"That don't mean shit." I say stepping in front of her car door so she couldn't leave. "Let me take you out."

"W-What? No. Excuse you."

"I'ma keep stalking you." I said. "Just give me ya number and put me in ya schedule, eight o'clock tonight."

"Fine." She mumbled eventually after her many times saying no.

I smiled as we switched numbers then moved so she could get into her car.

That night we argued the whole time most times in a playfully manner. We didn't even make it out on to the date because we ended up fuckin in the back of my car.

After that I didn't hear from her and couldn't reach her. She didn't even show up to the coffee shop anymore.

I didn't give up tho. When I wanted something, I got it and I wanted her as mine, permanently.

I got Brandon to find out her address for me. Went there and became instantly annoyed and pissed that a nigga opened the door.

"Who the fuck are you?" He asks.

"No, who the fuck are you?" I ask.

"Nico who's at the door?" I hear her soft voice yell.

"I know you ain't here to see my fuckin girl." He said.

"Your girl?" I ask chuckling.

"Nico who's at the-" She stops when she sees me.

I licked my lips looking over her bare thighs since she had shorts on. "Was she your girl when I had that ass bent over in the back of my truck a couple weeks back while she squirted all over my dick?"

"Oh my- that's my brother!" She exclaimed while turning red.

"Oh. Well shit, my bad." I shrugged.

**

I chuckled out loud. Nico was really ready to fight a nigga that day and I don't even fuckin blame him.

"Leave me alone Nel." Shelly mumbled eyes still closed as Nel walked in the room.

"Damn, I didn't even get all the way in the room yet and you kickin me out." She said checking all the machines then fixing the baby monitor on her stomach. "Just a few more tests and we'll leave you alone."

"Anymore contractions, cramping or discomfort?" Nel asks.

"No." Shelly grumbled.

I stood up. "I'ma go check on everybody in the waiting room and see if I can find Austin with an update on Nico."

Shelly gripped my hand. "You're coming back right?"

"You know it." I said against her mouth before kissing her.

I walked into the waiting room where all of the family was. I ignored everybody and headed to where Brandon, Z, and Karma stood off to the side.

"Karmen sit the fuck down you're not going anywhere." Brandon says.

"You got me fucked up. That's my mothafuckin sister and niece back there and her brother it fighting for his fuckin life right now. I could never imagine something happening to Ka' or Ko'. I'm beating that bitches ass. Then yall can do what the fuck yall want to the bitch and that fuck nigga." Karma snapped.

"I'm coming." I said right away already knowing what was going on.

"Not fuckin happenin." Z said.

"What?" I ask. "That's my family man-"

"Exactly," Brandon said cutting me off. "You need to stay here with them. Not in this streets trying to get revenge, that's what we're here for. We got you bruh. Stay here with ya family."

I rubbed the bridge of my nose because I know they were right. They both dapped me up before walking away. Karma kissed my check before following after them.

"Kaine." Austin called. I turned to see him standing there with Shelly's mom and dad. I sighed before walking over to them scared shitless for what he was about to tell us.

.....