Chapter 26:

Shelly

I sat in a wheelchair near Nico's hospital bed rubbing his hand.

He had all of this shit hooked up to him. It made my heart hurt. Why did me and Kaleb have to have two crazy ass exes?

I wiped my tears. I didn't wanna cry, I knew he wouldn't want me to be crying, but I couldn't help it.

After his surgery which was successful in stopping his internal bleeding, but now he was in a coma and had to have a breathing tube. He was bruised all over from the car accident, as I'm sure I was which is why I refused to look in a mirror.

"Nico you have to wake up." I crooked out dropping my head as the tears started again.

"Come on Shelly we have to get you back to your own hospital bed and hooked back up to your monitors." Nel said.

I nodded squeezing his hand before she wheeled me back into the room.

Kaine laid back sleep in hospital chair next to the bed. I decided to let him sleep since he's been up since we got here yesterday.

I got back in the bed and let Nelly place all the monitors back on me. At first when I heard Austin wanted to keep me my first thought was hell no, but for the health of my baby and the fact that I would have been here anyways everyday because Nico's here. I'ma be here praying and hoping he will wake up.

Nel placed her hand softly on my stomach. "You all are going to be okay. He's gonna be okay." She said. I smiled sadly at her before she left. I hope.

"Kaleb." I called tapping his arm that covered his eyes. I really just wanted to be held right now.

"Hmm?" He mumbled stretching. "Oh shit, why didn't you wake me when you came back?"

"You look exhausted." I said.

"I'm fine, I don't matter. The real question is how are you?" I shrugged honestly not knowing how to answer that, but he nodded in understanding.

"Can you lay with me?" I ask.

He tensed shaking his head. "That bed's too small. I might hurt you or the baby."

"We're fine." I said moving over a little. "I just want you to hold me."

He sighed standing up. "Only for a lil while. Tell me if you get uncomfortable." He said while laying down.

I sighed at the feel of his warmth and protection.

"Why are you staring at me?" I ask in a whisper as I feel his eyes burning into the side of my face. He shrugged. "Well don't."

"Why?"

"I know you don't like what you see. I know I look ugly with all of these damn bruises so don't stare at me and remind me." I said toying with my fingers.

"This look like I don't like what I see?" He asks lifting the cover to show where his erection stood. My mouth parted staring at it. "Didn't think so."

He chuckled as I hit the covers back down. "Fuck you blushing for? That ain't shit new."

"Shut up." I hit his chest softly.

*

3 Weeks Later...

"Why the hell won't you just wake up already?" I ask as I sat ask to Nico's bed. I like to come in here when nobody else is here so I can have my privacy with my brother.

This has became my life everyday. Eating, sleeping, and checking on Nico all while being in this stupid ass hospital. I am now 37 weeks and I can have her anyday now since I am so high risk. Nico has been doing better, he's breathing on his own now, all his bruises are basically gone and it is good to see him without all them tubes all over him.

"Kaidy will be here anyday now. Ya brat is having a baby brat as you would say." I said rubbing my huge stomach feeling her wildly kick. "I hope you wake before she's born. I c-can't leave this hospital without you." I said quickly shutting my mouth trying to stop the burning that started in my eyes.

"Come on babe, you gotta get off ya feet." Kaine said wrapping his arm around my stomach.

I nodded. "Yeah, okay." I said looking at Nico once again before walking out with Kaine.

"Kaleb." I said tracing my name on his forearm as he laid on the hospital bed while I sat.

Kaine paid to get us a bigger bed in here since this has basically became our second home and Kaine was not leaving my side.

"What's up?" He mumbled.

"I'm horny." I blurted out.

He smirked then opened one of his eyes to look at me.

"Stop." I whine as his body shook with silent laughter before it became audible.

"See, I would usually have no problem supplying you with the dick, but I'm not putting you or my babygirl at more of a risk then yall already are. " He said.

"Well can you ea-"

"Hey!" Karma shouted walking in with the whole fam behind her.

"Ugh!" I whined punching Kaine's arm needing to take my frustration out on something.

"Aye, don't get mad at me." He said sitting up laughing. "I'll eat it for you when everybody leaves."

I pouted rolling my eyes at him then looking to everybody.

"What's all this?" I ask looking at all the pink balloons that said it's a girl.

"Ooh cake!" I exclaim raising a little to look at the cake Kjayy was holding it was: Goodbye Belly, Hello Kaidy.

It was decorated so pink and pretty. I smiled big it was a baby shower cake.

"Since you are here and couldn't have a proper babyshower we decided to bring the shower to you." Karma said. "Well at least what we could."

"We got the house stacked with gifts for y'all. We even did her baby room for yall." Nel said showing use pictures of everything.

"That's what's up." Kaine said dapping the guys up.

"And we brought the babies for you and everything." Nel said lifting Jordan placing him on the bed then Brei.

"I missed yall." I said kissing my babies up while tickling them.

"Say Love you." Karma said to Brei.

"Luh you." She said.

"Awh luh you too." I said back.

"Jordan stop." I said tickling him as I moved his hand since he continued to try to grab my boobs.

"My son don't got no shame with his shit." Kjayy said shaking his head.

"He lucky he's basically a fuckin baby still." Kaine said.

"Auntie Shelly I'm coming to your house after the baby is born okay?" Jaden asks hopping up on to the bed.

"Hell no lil nigga." Kaine said.

"Okay baby." I said to him ignoring Kaine. "Can we have cake now?"

"Cake!" Brei exclaimed standing up almost falling but Kaine caught her.

"Badass kids." Kaine said. "Kaidy gonna be good, watch."

"Do you know who her dad is?" Mama said looking at him sideways. "My poor grandbaby probably gonna be crazy."

"Oh what the fuck ever." He said.

"Cuss again Kaine." She said pointing to him.

I chuckled focusing on stuffing my face with this strawberry cake.

"Thanks yall, for buying all the baby stuff we needed and fixing up the baby room. It means a lot." I said.

"That's what we're here for pretty." Mama said.

Having all of them here made me smile, yet it still didn't seem as genuine as I wanted to be because Nico wasn't here.

I sighed out loud.

Now I just continue to wait for my baby girl's arrival and hoping my brother wakes up.