Aftermath 2 / Summer Break

Shortly after, the police arrived and they searched every nook and cranny of the nearby area but they came up with nothing. Shigaraki, and Hope's mystery attacker both disappeared without a trace. The police speculated that the person who assaulted Hope was a villain working with Shigaraki. After some questions, everyone was allowed home. Deku went to the police station to answer further questions.

(y/n) and Hope were allowed to leave for home. (y/n) took Hope back to their apartments. Hope stayed in hers, alone, for most of the day. That left (y/n) extremely worried. He tried talking to her on multiple occasions but he couldn't get her to hold a conversation. Eventually he just gave up and decided to focus on himself for a while.

(y/n) sat by the window and was doing some routine maintenance on his gauntlets. He disassembled them and cleaned and polished all the pieces. Once done, he reassembled them and gave them a good once over. He was satisfied with his work and got to relaxing.

Before (y/n) knew it, night had fallen. He looked out the window at the bright city below him before sighing. He still hadn't heard anything from Hope all day. He got up and put on his clothes and headed out.

(y/n) stepped out onto the cold streets and shivered slightly before using his Quirk to heat himself up. He looked out and down the street before heading into his garage and hopping on his bike. Up above, Hope watched with sad eyes as (y/n) left.

The next day, (y/n) left again for several hours. He came back a few times throughout the day and tried to talk to Hope but never got a response. (y/n) left to go get dinner at the noodle shop. The owner asked (y/n) where Hope was. (y/n) didn't even need to answer, his expression told the old man everything he needed to know. He got (y/n) his food and packed an extra bowl of noodles with extra fish for Hope.

(y/n) quickly rode back home. He exited the elevator and made his way down the winding hallway to his apartment. He reached it and pulled out his key and unlocked the door. He found himself hesitating when he tried to open it however. He looked over at Hope's door and sighed.

*knock x3*

(y/n): "Hope. Open up, we need to talk..."

(y/n) waited at the door for several seconds before groaning in frustration. 

(y/n): "Seriously Hope! This is starting to get on my nerves!"

no answer. (y/n) sighed again and decided to head back inside. Just before he closed his door however, he called out again.

(y/n): "I've got food!"

again, no answer... (y/n) cursed to himself and went to close his door. At that exact moment however, Hope opened hers.

Hope: "(y/n)?"

(y/n): "About time! What's up?"

Hope just stared at (y/n). It looked like she hadn't slept in a while. There were bags under her eyes and her hair was messy and unwashed. (y/n) immediately started to worry again when he saw her appearance. Hope sighed and led (y/n) inside her apartment.

Her home wasn't all that different from (y/n)'s. It had the same basic design but with slight differences in style and only the back wall was window. (y/n) took note of all the trash strewn about. Seems she hasn't been taking good care of herself. Hope began to walk upstairs as (y/n) followed.

(y/n): "Hope... This is getting ridiculous. If you would just talk to me, then we could work this out!"

Hope didn't answer and just kept walking up the stairs.

(y/n): "Hope... Seriously, you're freaking me out. I've never seen you like this."

Hope finally stopped and turned to face (y/n) for the first time. (y/n)'s heart broke when he saw her expression. There was indescribable sadness and fear in them. She began to tear and (y/n) just held out his arms. Without another word, she lurched forward and nearly jumped into (y/n)'s arms.