Confrontations

Hope felt a strange sinking feeling in her gut, like something really bad had just happened. She was tempted to call (y/n) and check on him but quickly put off the idea. She convinced herself that he was fine and that she was just being paranoid.

Hope stopped and looked up at the darkening sky, the sinking feeling getting worse.

Hope: "(y/n)..."

Hope continued walking, looking around for anyone suspicious. When she was satisfied no one was following her, she continued.

Hope had messaged her mother earlier that she wanted to meet up. Blake agreed and they decided to meet at a cafe the family visited sometimes. Hope rounded the corner and spotted the sign above the door.

She breathed a sigh of relief and headed inside. She looked around for her parents and found Blake sitting at the back of the shop, reading a book and sipping some tea. Blake's ears twitched as Hope approached. She looked up as her daughter took a seat.

Blake: "Hope! Are you alright?"

Hope: "I'm fine! (y/n) and I have been looking out for each other."

Blake: "Where is (y/n) anyway? I was expecting him to never leave your side."

Hope: "He's off chasing a lead. We decided to split up and cover more ground."

Blake: "Makes sense. You came to me for info right?"

Hope: "Yeah. I need you to tell me everything you know about the White Fang. Any idea where they might be based?"

Blake: "I've already checked old meetups and safe houses, nothing. They used to have a base in the industrial district but Ember took it over for their smuggling operation."

Hope: "Do you know anything about Ember?"

Blake shakes her head.

Blake: "Nothing concrete. Your father and I have been searching high and low for any sign of them. They seem to be laying low after we torched their smuggling operation."

Hope nods in acknowledgement.

Hope: "Makes sense."

Blake and Hope chat for a little longer before deciding to leave. The Fang and Ember were still after them. As Hope left, she waved goodbye to her mother. Blake disappeared into the crowds as Hope left the opposite way.

As Hope walked, she began to feel like she was being followed. Hope looked back and caught a glimpse of someone hiding in the crowd. Hope couldn't tell who it was but she knew they weren't friendly. She immediately began her escape, trying her best to lose her pursuer in the streets.

It took awhile but she managed to give them the slip. Hope ducked into an alley and hid among the trash. A disguised White Fang agent walked by, searching for her. The agent peaked into the alley but all he saw were some homeless people. He grumbled to himself as he turned to leave.

Hope left her hiding spot and jumped to the roof. Once she was on top, she began to follow the agent. She was hoping he would lead her somewhere important. If she was lucky and this guy was an idiot, he would lead her straight to the main base.

(y/n)'s eyes opened groggily as the sound of a heavy door slamming shut roused him from his unconsciousness. (y/n) looked around the small room he was in, trying to figure out where he was. There was no windows in the entire room and the floors and walls were solid concrete. It was cold and dark. What little light there was, showed a staircase in the back leading up. (y/n) assumed he was in a basement of some kind.

(y/n) attempted to move but found his hand bound. He quickly realized his right arm had been taken off and his gauntlet removed. His remaining hand was chained to large wooden beam in the center of the room.