Determination Part 2

Dark, Darker, yet Darker...

(y/n)'s eyes slowly opened as he regained consciousness. Through his blurry vision, he saw nothing but darkness. (y/n) groaned as his fuzzy mind began to clear. His head jerked up when he realized he was being dragged by something.

(y/n) looked down at his feet and saw goopy black tendrils wrapped around his ankles. (y/n) eyes widened in horror when he saw what those tendrils were attached to. It was a large humanoid beast walking on two legs. It had a pitch black body with white bone like protrusion sticking out of its shoulders. Attached to its back were dozens of tendrils, several of which were restraining (y/n).

(y/n) began to struggle as fear built up in his heart. In response to his movements, the beast slowed and turned back. White bone-like armored plates covered its face, making it look like it was wearing a mask. The beasts mouth opened as it growled. (y/n) grimaced when he saw rows of jagged teeth and smelled the beasts rotten breath.

The beast turned back around and continued to drag (y/n). With no way of escaping this monster, (y/n) began to look around. All (y/n) could see was an endless void, the emptiness where the sky would be was blacker than black.

The distant howls and roars of other void monsters sent shivers down (y/n)'s spine. He had no idea what had happened to him, where he was, or what was gonna happen to him.

(y/n) began to struggle violently against his restraints. The beast let out an annoyed growl and turned back. (y/n) continued to struggle as the tendrils lifted him up into the air, dangling him upside down.

The last thing (y/n) saw was a monstrous fist smashing into his face before he was once again embraced by unconsciousness.

The portal closed and Hope watched helplessly as (y/n) disappeared.

Hope: "(y/n)!!!"

Chara: "He'll be okay. Not that that will matter much to you, you'll be dead in a few minutes anyway..."

Hope steels her resolve and readies her weapon. Chara does the same, brandishing her large kitchen knife. The pair stare each other down as determination burns in their eyes.

Hope: "Where did you take him?"

Chara: "That would be hard to explain. He is in a place that both is and isn't. A place that shouldn't exist and yet it does. My master has plans for him there."

Hope: "Who is this master?"

The corners of Chara's lips curl up into a truly evil grin.

Chara: "You'll get to meet him, after I kill you."

Void begins to leak out of the walls and ceiling, slowly covering everything around them. Light disappears as darkness fills the room. Color is drained next, making everything black and white. Hope looked down at herself, seeing that she too was completely black and white.

Hope looks around, panicked at what was happening. She spun around and saw Chara standing at the other end of the room. She was entirely black and white as well, except for her glowing red eyes. Chara smiled wickedly before she charged Hope.

Chara moved so fast, she left afterimages behind her. Hope somehow managed to block the slash but the impact sent her sliding backwards. Chara rushes her again with the same ferocious speed. Hope sidesteps the attack and slashes into Chara's open side.

Chara skids to stop and touches the gaping wound in her side. Her guts threaten to spill out onto the floor. She turns to Hope with a surprised and impressed expression. Chara's eyes roll into the back of her head as she collapses.