Smoothing Things Over

(y/n) and Hope go back to back as they get surrounded. Hope reloads Gambol Shroud as (y/n) cocks his gauntlets. The WF grunts slowly move in, guns trained on them. (y/n) and Hope look at each other as they come up with a plan

(y/n): "You thinkin what I'm thinkin?"

Hope: "I "Think" so"

(y/n) chuckles as Hope hands him the end of her ribbon. The grunts order the pair to surrender but they curtly reject them. Hope dashes forward and dropkicks the closest grunt. (y/n) gives the ribbon a good tug and it yanks Hope right back. (y/n) ducks under as Hope flies back over him. She kicks another grunt in the face and (y/n) begins to swing her around in a circle.

Hope knocks all of the grunts down like bowling pins. (y/n) swings around Hope around one more time before launching her into the air. Hope falls back down and (y/n) catches her princess style. Hope looks up at (y/n) surprised before a radiant smile blooms on her face.

(y/n): "Hey there."

Hope: "Hey."

The pair stare into each other's eyes as a small blush develops on each of their faces. They begin to slowly lean in until Garnet and Eis fly overhead.

Eis: "And you told us to stop flirting!"

(y/n) let's Hope down as he shouts back

(y/n): "SHUT YOUR MOUTH!"

The squad then head into battle all together. Garnet is up front, Hope to her left, Eis to her right, and (y/n) bringing up the rear. Garnet looks back at her team in slo-mo as they all charge forward.

Garnet: "soo cool..."

Garnet snaps out of it and begins giving her team orders

Garnet: "Lady Bug!"

Hope nods and she and Garnet charge forward at high speeds, cleaving through a huge group of grunts. (y/n) and Eis smash through the rest as they continue the charge. 

A helicopter flies over head and its guns begin to wind up.

Garnet: "Ice Flower!"

Garnet skids to a stop as she transforms her scythe into its sniper mode. Eis jumps up next to her and creates a ball of Ice in front of the barrel. Garnet fires and the bullet gets encased in ice. It slams into the chopper and freezes its propellers solid. The pilots bail as the helicopter falls out of the air and into the sea.

The team then spread out and start taking down as many grunts as they can. Jesse and Blake watch with shocked faces as the team effortlessly cuts through the bad guys.

Blake: "What are they doing here!?"

Jesse: "Don't know but they're kicking some serious ass!"

(y/n) dashes right up into a grunt as he winds up a punch. The grunt panics and fires his shotgun right at (y/n)'s face. (y/n) just puts his metallic hand over the end of the barrel and blocks the shotgun blast completely. The grunt drops his gun as his legs wobble in terror. (y/n) smirks and raises his fist. 

(y/n): "BOO!"

The grunt screams and passes out cold. (y/n) chuckles and continues on his warpath. Shortly after, the American pros finally show up, led by Storm and Glynda. (y/n) and crew pull back as the pros rush in and mop up the rest of the bad guys.

(y/n) and Hope spot Roman and Ocelot trying to make a break for it and they give chase. Garnet and Eis quickly catch up and they corner the two criminals. The pair stop and turn around, hands raised in surrender.