Fangs Bared

Earlier that morning...

Hope closes the front door behind herself, sighing as she walks down the steps. Hope shivers slightly and tightens up her jacket. She walks down the sidewalk and heads down the small hill towards the city. She hums to herself some song about shadows as she strolls.

Hope looks around and takes a deep breath, the cold morning mist stinging slightly on her face. Hope smiles slightly as she continues her walk. As she goes, she can't help but shake the feeling someone is watching her. She's been getting this ever since Adam had attacked her back at the summer camp. 

Adam still haunted her... He was in her dreams, she heard his voice, and no matter where she went, she thought she saw him in the streets. Hope always brushed it off as her growing paranoia but it was getting worse. Hope shook the thought out her head as she pressed the road crossing button.

Hope: "(y/n)... If you're really out there... I'm so sorry..."

The traffic around her stops, allowing her to cross. Hope hurries over to the other side and quickly hops up onto the curb. She continues her walk as the sun begins poke through the fog, burning it away.

Looking up at the sun reminded her of the boy that glowed like sun, a stark contrast to her rather dark and gloomy color scheme.

Hope: "Why are you here (y/n)? I thought for sure you wouldn't come after me..."

Hope still denied the fact that (y/n) cared about her. She argued with herself about whether or not she should go looking for him too. As Hope struggled with her thoughts, her phone vibrated in her back pocket. She fished it out and looked it over, her eyes widening in shock when she saw who had messaged her

<New message from>

<Tsuyu>

Hope quickly punched in her password and opened up the message

<I know you probably won't see this>

<On the off chance you do, we need to talk>

Hope stares at those words, her eyes studying each and every letter carefully.

Hope: "What does Tsu want with me? She's probably just still mad I left..."

Hope shrugs and pockets her phone, electing to answer later. She continues her walk while the thought of Tsu's message burned a hole in her mind.

Hope: "Why would Tsu want to talk with me?"

Hope arrived at a small cafe. She pushed open the door and was greeted by the smell of coffee. Hope sighed quietly before heading into the back of the shop. As she made her way there, the feeling of being watched came back again.

A chill ran up Hope's spin as she took her seat. She narrowed her eyes and used her enhanced vision to scan her surroundings. All she saw were the usual patrons going about their business. Hope knew a few but they never spoke to one another.

Hope cautiously ordered her morning tea and kept an eye on her surroundings. She was so tense, even the waiter commented on it.

Waiter: "Are you alright miss?"