1

Cuffing wasn't in the plans , until you came through , you was stuntin' wit' ya friends ..

Beyoncé Giselle Knowles

Queens , New York

September 4

"Who that is?" I patted August's chest, watching two short girls walk in the club. They were shining. I meant that figuratively and literally.

"That's my girl Ari, and her best friend. Apparently, her best friend don't never really even get out the house like that so this her first party in a minute."

I sat back. I could admit when there was a beauty in the presence and there most definitely was. Whoever this best friend was, was absolutely gorgeous.

"You wanna go say something?" I asked him.

He shook his head as we continued to look. "Ari sees me, she'll make her way over here when she's ready. And just by the puppy dog look on best friend's face, she don't know what she got herself into. She'll follow."

I nodded my head. He wasn't wrong.

August and I had been in this life since we were in middle school. We were grown now and we had stamped our names in the ground with the way we worked. Some people wouldn't approve of our lifestyles but it is what it is. The women, the cars, the drugs, it was all just enough for me. It all gave me a rush I'm just not gonna give up.

When my Pops first put a bag of dope in my hand, I told him I ain't selling that shit. I was offended that he thought I would. He broke it down for me though. It only two ways you really get out the hood, well three. Dope slanging, millions of days of school, or fucking a dumb famous bitch. That last one was a stretch.

August and I figured if we're risking our lives anyway by riding around with dope with these niggas, we might as well be making some money for it. You know? And ever since then, we been breaking the bank.

I tried to go to school while making this drug money but it just didn't work out like that. I had my high school diploma, I just dropped out once I got to college. I most definitely had the money to pay for it but the school shit was ridiculous. Just wasn't for me.

I stood up and told August I was going to make my rounds. He nodded his head. As soon as I stepped out of the VIP section, Sarae locked her eyes on me and made her way to me.

"Happy birthday sexy." She smiled at me then ran her hand down my body. She stopped right above my dick. I laughed softly, moving her hand away.

"We not together no more Sarae. Keep your hands to yourself, thought we had an agreement."

"You know I can't control myself around you." She smirked. She wrapped her arms around my waist and I sighed, my face to the ceiling. This girl was gonna get me into so much trouble.

"Sarae..."

Sarae was the type of girl you couldn't leave alone even if you wanted to. She always sucked you back in. Every time I tried to leave Sarae, we ended up fucking. We were definitely toxic for one another but I didn't care about that anymore. I really wanted to leave Sarae alone but she wouldn't let me man.

"Beyoncé I love you baby, we should've come here together instead of apart."

"Now girl you know that wasn't gonna happen."

I saw Ariana and her best friend walking up to VIP and excused myself from Sarae, making my way back over to VIP.

I sat down next to August and he laughed with his hand over his mouth.