16

i just wanted memories

tried to make some with you

Beyoncé Giselle Knowles

December 21

The Hamptons, New York

"Work don't stop dummy." I patted Jay's chest before we all walked up my mom's stairs. "I don't give a fuck if it's Christmas goddamn Eve. We got money to make bitch ass niggas."

"Giselle, you're so aggressive." My mama walked out of her room. We both took our glasses off at the same time and I hugged her.

"I haven't seen you in forever Ma."

"Well you see me now. You brought boys with you, pleasant surprise."

"Hey Ms. Knowles." Jay smiled at her.

"Call me Tina."

"O-"

I turned around quick. "Call her Tina if you want to nigga, I'm gon' put a bullet in yo head, I dare you."

"Beyoncé..."

"Sorry Mama, I'm just sayin'. Nigga was finna say okay and all. Got me fucked up. Sit yo ass down nigga."

Him and Chance sat down. August stood beside me then hugged my mama.

"Hey Mama, how you doing?"

"How he get to call her that?!"

"Nigga she raised me! Shut yo bitch ass up!"

"He's quiet." Mama pointed at a Chance.

"He is."

"We're taking him with us. He's our little secret."

"Mama funeral." I snapped in her face.

"Right right."

"Then we can handle our little situation."

We both smirked and she gave me a pound.

"I know that's right."

Mama sat next to me in the limo with her head back against the seat. I was staring at my hands as they shook lightly.

"I wish your father was here to witness this."

I looked over at her. "Another death? Of someone he claimed as a second daughter? Nah."

"Not this, you. I wish he was here to witness the changes within you. He would have been so proud baby."

"I try to make him proud every single day Mama."

"I see you."

"You miss him sometimes?" I tried to refrain from crying.

"I miss your father every moment of every day. Everything reminds me of him, of us. I'll never be able to fully let your father go Bey."

"Me either Ma."

>>>>>>>>>>>>

I wrapped one arm around Bernice, comforting her as they lowered Katorah's casket into the ground. The entire funeral she cried, I mean the entire way through.

We all understood though, she was pregnant.

I was holding back my tears since we were in the limo. These were tears dated all the way back to my Pops' funeral 5 years ago. I told myself I wasn't gonna cry anymore. The last time I cried in 5 years was with Onika.

Onika Tanya Maraj

December 25

Queens, New York