14

you told me i could trust you

dont lie

i could really use you

Beyoncé Giselle Knowles

December 8

The Hamptons, New York

"All of a sudden you want to come around Kyla? For real? Right now ain't the ti-"

"I thought you were at your mom's house, what happened to that Beyoncé? And why you making googly eyes at her?" Onika stood between the two of us then stared at me. "Tell me what happened to that. This ain't yo mama's house."

"Baby I go-"

"Baby?" Kyla cut me off. "This the woman you picked?"

Onika kept her composure but when she spoke, her voice was low. "If you're insinuating what I think you are, don't. Beyoncé is single so you can have her if you want to."

"I'm not single." I defended as Onika walked away. I followed behind her. "Baby-"

"I'm not your fucking baby, you lied to me!" She yelled. I didn't want her to make a scene but I'm guessing it was too late for that.

"I didn't lie."

"You didn't lie? This yo mama house? 'Cause that's where you told me you were going. On my birthday Beyoncé, really?" She looked like she wanted to cry.

My heart dropped.

I really was trying not to hurt Onika, I didn't want Kyla.

"I promise it ain't what it looks like."

"Never heard that one before." She scoffed. "You a fucked up person Beyoncé. I think you need to worry about you and her for a minute."

"Man I'm tryna tell you."

"Nobody's stopping you. I'm not cutting you off, I'm not doing the most. What could you possibly say to me to elude from the fact that you lied straight to my face?"

"That's Kyla."

"Okay? What the hell does that have to do with me? I don't give a damn about her, you lied."

"She was at my mom's house and I hadn't seen her in a minute so we came to catch up. It wasn't planned Onika."

"So let me get this straight. Instead of coming back to me, on my birthday. You decided to catch up with the only woman you've ever loved? Smart. Now leave me alone."

She kept walking away but I stood in front of her. "I'm not gonna leave you alone."

"You fucking need to. 'Cause your mouth says one thing but I see how you look at her." Tears formed in her eyes. "You still in love with her, aren't you?"

"No."

"It was rhetorical, I know you are. That's why you don't need me in your life. Whatever you do decide to do with that information, I hope you find happiness. With her or at least yourself."

"Baby listen to me, I'm not in love with her."

"Again, your mouth says one thing but your actions say another. I know what I saw."

At this point, now I wanted to cry. I knew I wasn't in love with Kyla but something always seemed to go down when she came around. I did love Kyla, I always will. She's the only woman that I have ever loved.

Onika made me feel something new though. I felt like her and I could really get somewhere. But again, she wanted nothing to do with me all over again.

"Onika, I can't leave you alone."

"Please do, I'm not your second choice when your bitches pop back in town. I'm happy for you, really but you know I won't be put second unless it's after yourself."

"Baby please."

"Figure everything out with Kyla. Can't promise I'll be waiting for you."

I just let her go. Nothing I said was going to make her come back or even speak to me for real.

I pulled my phone out of my pocket seeing the messages.

Ari : we need to talk bitch 'cause why is my best friend crying ? ~3:32 p.m.

Kyla : meet me at my hotel later, you know where i'm at. ~3:17 p.m.

I shut my eyes, looking up. I didn't know what God was trying to teach me with these women but it better be worth it in the end.

I went back to the hotel and into Onika's room. Her and Ari were sitting on the bed, watching happy birthday videos on her phone. It didn't even look like she was phased by what went down an hour ago.

I walked into the bathroom.

"I didn't bring my car so you're my ride back to my house Beyoncé. If you're deciding to leave now, I'm going with!"

"Okay." I said.

I didn't even disagree. That would be pointless. Onika already had her mind made up and some of the things she said weren't entirely wrong. I still thought about Kyla from time to time and I still loved her. But I don't ever wanna be with her again.

I walked out and walked down to August and Ari's room. It was like the nigga was waiting for me. He opened the door before I could even knock.

"You fucked up nigga?"

"Bruh bad."

He closed the door behind me. I sat on top of the dresser and held my face in my hands. He had his arms crossed.

"What?"

"You out the window dumb ass."

"She ain't gon' listen to me. Like anything I say, it's over with. She don't wanna be with me and she don't wanna talk to me either. Bruh how do I get back in the window?"

"Better get to begging. It's gon' take more than that sweet talk you do."

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"So you chose a woman that looks nothing like me to be with Beyoncé?"

"It has nothing to do with how she looks Kyla. I can admit my wrongs and most of the shit that happened then was most definitely wrong but that was then. I don't want you anymore."

"You think I came back here for you Beyoncé? I came for your mother."

"So what did you ask me to come here for?"

"Because I know regardless of what you say, you miss me."

"I don't."

"You do."

"I still love you though. Ever since she came into my life though, shit's been different. I don't know what it is but I don't wanna lose her over you coming up in here and ruining it. Especially since I don't want you."

"I love you Bey and I hope you make it with that girl. I didn't come back here to bother you, I already made it out. It's your turn. I heard what happened to Katorah."

"I don't even wanna talk about it."

"You're gonna have to talk to somebody about it Beyoncé, you can't hold that shit in the way you do with your dad. It's not healthy."

"But it's what I do."

"And that's why you blow up."

"No it ain't."

"Yes it is." She laughed then laid back on the bed. "You hold and hold and hold until you can't hold no more then whoever is in reach, is the victim of you blowing up. Real life Beyoncé? You need therapy."

I sucked my teeth. "Oh you got out now you think you got all the answers?"

"Yes actually. I go to a therapist already. I'm dealing with my trauma. Lani goes to a therapist too but she not gon' tell you that. I'm assuming, if you're not killed by your damn anger, you'll be next." She stood up then stood between my legs holding my face. "Please make it to San Diego my love."

"I'll try."
_______