15

shower me with all my attention

yeah these are my only intentions

Onika Tanya Maraj

December 12

Queens, New York

"How you want it sexy?" I smiled in the mirror while fluffing Ming's hair.

"Make her look like you TT!" Milan yelled from the living room.

"You don't think she looks like me enough?"

Ming and I were basically twins except she was older. My mom really said copy and paste with us. Speaking of my mom, she opened the front door with groceries.

"Mama when you went shopping?"

"Obviously before she got here." Ming said. I plucked her in the forehead.

"Shut up bitch."

"Watch your mouth Onika. I'm making dinner. Your friend wants to join us, she's beautiful you know?"

"Ari in there Mama." I pointed to the room.

"Not her, her." She moved and I saw Beyoncé with groceries in both of her hands.

Milan ran over to her, hugging her legs.

"Can I do this later Ming? I gotta handle something."

"Do your thing."

When Beyoncé put the groceries down, I pulled her out of the house and closed the door behind us both.

"How the fuck did you find my mother?"

"Serendipity. I saw her at the store and I mean, she looks just like you so I thought I'd take up the chances to see you since you weren't answering the phone."

"I wasn't answering my phone for a reason Giselle."

"I was talking to Kyla and I know I shouldn't have told you that because it's irrelevant but it matters. I'm telling you right now, I don't want nothing to do with her. I like you Tanya and I wanna spend days in bed with you. I wanna study with you and watch all that stupid ass TV you like. Onika I wanna be with you, why can't you just accept that?"

"Because it's all smooth talk Beyoncé. I saw the way you looked at her Bey, you looked at her the way these bitches look at you. You don't look at me like that."

"You don't give me the chance! You're so scared that I'm gonna hurt you, you find a problem with everything I do. Baby girl, I don't want anybody but you. Kyla came here for business with my Mama. I got no control over that. We were just catching up. I'm not gonna hurt you Onika. I'm sorry for lying to you, I didn't even know it was gonna happen like that. I made a mistake. I won't make it again, I swear."

She grabbed my face softly, making me look at her.

"Baby talk to me."

"You lied Beyoncé, you told me you were going to your mom's house."

"I did and I told you the truth about what happened too. The full truth. I am not going to hurt you."

"Promise me."

"I promise, if I got anything to do with it, I won't hurt you or allow anyone else to." She pulled me into her by my waist and stared me in my eyes, her forehead against mine. "See how I'm looking at you? I only want to be with you."

"Okay."

"Okay? You letting me back in?"

"Whatever you wanna call it but you spending all that money you got on me this weekend, you fucked up my birthday stupid bitch."