9

dont you let nobody tell you different baby

i'll always adore you

Beyoncé Giselle Knowles

November 13

Queens, New York

I jumped up on the sink, watching Lotus watch me. "Gon' 'head pull them panties down bitch, I done already seen the pussy."

"Beyoncé!" My mama yelled from the living room.

I waved her off. She always telling me to watch my mouth knowing it ain't gon' happen.

Lotus peed on the fourth stick then sat it on the sink. We waited there for ten minutes before every single last one of those tests came up negative.

I sucked my teeth and knocked them off of the sink, onto her. "Bitch you got some nerve. I should kill you."

My mama walked in the bathroom with her arms crossed. "You pregnant?"

"Fuck no. Lying ass bitch. I told you I don't slip up, fuck wrong with this bitch." I rushed past her.

I shrugged and started knocking shit down. Lotus walked out of the bathroom and tried to grab me but I backhanded her. She fell to the floor.

"You probably ain't even wash yo hands, nasty ass hoe, move man. Yo! You not even pregnant and you still decided you was gon' take the tests. What a dumb bitch?" I squatted down to where she was.

She looked up at me with pleading eyes but I had no sympathy for her. I stood up and kicked and kicked until my legs got tired.

I'm so tired of this shit.

"Giselle, let's go."

"Mama-"

"Let's go." She grabbed our things and I followed after her. "Give me the keys."

"I'm driving."

"Give me the keys Giselle."

I handed them to her and got in the passenger seat as she drove. I didn't know where she was going but I wasn't worried.

"At this point, I'm about to put you on a schedule like your father did. I'm tired of you losing your temper because you don't have you medicine in your system. It's sloppy Giselle."

"You know what it do to me, I'm not taking it."

"It calms you down, that's the fucking point." She kept her same chill tone. I wanted to be like that but my mind wouldn't even let me.

"If I take it, I don't get shit done. I don't get shit done, I don't go to San Diego."

"Like I said, schedule."

"Why we here Ma?" I asked, looking outside the door of Onika and Ari's house.

"Apologize. You keep interfering with that girl's love life only to not take her seriously. You gon' apologize and then you gon' leave her alone. She don't gotta fix you. You older than her, now go."

I sucked my teeth and got out of the car, slamming the door behind me.

"Keep playing and Imma whoop yo ass."

"Man-"

"Get out my face. Go."

I wasn't trying to do this shit. What the fuck? Apologize? If anything, I'd been helping Onika out. She almost got killed, I helped her out with that. Plus, I thought I was being really respectful with the whole not touching her thing. Like shit, I can't get no props?