4

I'm more than just an option , refuse to be forgotten.

Onika Tanya Maraj

Queens, New York

October 6

"This is what they do all day? Sit around, do drugs, and count money?" I whispered to Ari. We were watching Beyoncé, August, and their friends count boat loads of money with a money counter and by hand.

To Ariana this was entertainment, she loved to see her man in action but I didn't know why I was here. I was Ariana's company.

"Girl they're making money and your girl is at the top of the food chain."

"My girl?" I raised my eyebrows.

"Girl don't act. Y'all been together every day since that little Sarae incident, she listens to you, and you gon' sit here and tell me she's not your girl?"

"She's not my girl, we're friends. We do friendly shit, she hasn't even tried anything with me. Starting to think she has a little bit of respect for me."

"Mhm hmm, girl you know you a hot one. She's waiting for a reason."

"Well she gon' be waiting for the rest of her life. I plan to lose my virginity when I'm in love and as stated before, Beyoncé and I are friends."

"Aye come here my lil' doctor!" Bey yelled.

"You know damn well I'm not going over there. I don't dabble in those things."

She sighed and walked over to me, handing me the keys to her Maserati and an envelope. "Can you do me a favor beautiful?"

"If it has anything to do with this, you know I'm not doing it so why even ask."

"It ain't got nothing to do with this, I promise. I need you to take that envelope to my mama in the Hamptons. You can do that for me?"

"What's in the envelope?"

"Money."

I sighed. "Beyoncé that drive is over an hour long."

"You don't gotta do nothing you don't want to." She spoke so sweetly to me, I could understand why women fell for her if that's the way she talked to them.

I couldn't though. Beyoncé and I were really good friends. We exchanged teachings. She taught me all about this life and I taught her all about mine. The medical field.

"Can you do that for me beautiful?"

I nodded my head, looking into her eyes.

"I got a surprise waiting for you when you get back."

"Okay."

Ari stood up and followed behind me. "Don't like her my ass. I see the way you looking at her."

I dismissed her and we both walked out of the house, into the garage. The amount of cars that Beyoncé and August had was ridiculous. The garage was huge and there were all kinds of cars from Saturns to Lamborghinis.

"Damn why I had to drive the Masi?"

"Masi? That's what y'all calling y'all child?"

I sucked my teeth and got in, waiting on her to get in.

I had never met Beyoncé's mother but I figured she was in the drug business as well so when we made it to her house, I was surprised.

I knew the Hamptons homes were huge but this shit was bigger than Beyoncé's. It was this classy white with these bushes in front of the door. It looked like something out of a movie. There wasn't one thing imperfect about this home. Goddamn.