17

you will always be apart of me

i'm part of you indefinitely.

Onika Tanya Maraj

December 31

Queens, New York

I wrapped my arms tightly around Beyoncé's neck as she carried me down the canal. If this bitch drops me, it's over for her. I'm going to kill her.

"Let my neck go Onika, damn. I can't breathe."

"I'm scared. You gonna drop me."

"I'm not gonna drop you. I got you."

"Promise?"

She gave me her pinky. "I promise girl."

I let her neck go, letting her carry me until we got to the grass. She sat me down then sat beside me. Immediately I went to straddle her lap.

"Hey."

"I really enjoy you Onika."

"I enjoy you too. Happy New Year."

Every time Beyoncé saw me, she made it a point to do something. She wanted us out of
the house, she wanted adventure. I never disagreed. Though sometimes I'd like to just chill, the look on her face when she gets to the end of whatever we were doing, was amazing, she was so cute.

"Nic, I'm so close to getting to San Diego. I hope nothing fucks that up."

"Don't jinx it. I'm proud of you."

"I'm proud of you too. Medical school genie. You really doing your thing out here."

"Well that's what my mama taught me to do."

"I should thank her then." She laid her head on my shoulder before putting her hands on my waist, rubbing them up and down my bare torso. "We're in such a good spot."

"Right here?" I pointed to the grass.

"No, us. Me and you. You and I. We're in a good spot. I wanna keep it that way."

I gently grabbed her hair pulling her back so that I could kiss her. The kiss was passionate but sloppy, she grabbed my ass, disconnecting our lips.

"There's so much I wanna tell you."

"Can it wait until tomorrow?" I asked, fixing her collar. "Take me home."

"To your house?"

"Ours."

"Baby I'm not do-"

"Take me home Beyoncé."

She got up, carrying me to the car. Though I was scared, I felt I loved Beyoncé, I just wasn't going to tell her that. I loved the way she treated me, loved the way she treated her mom, loved her as a person. She's beautiful inside and out.

She held my hand on the drive home and I could tell she was nervous. She didn't know what was going on, why I'd stopped our date right in the middle.

When we got to the house, I grabbed her hand and excitedly used my key. August isn't here, neither is Ari. Great.

"You too happy, what you doing?"

"Come take me out of my clothes baby." I walked up the stairs with her following.

I sat on the end of her bed and she stood at the door. "Why you staring?"

"'Cause what you finna do? Give a nigga blue balls again? You want a bath? What is it?"