12

i love you more than anything

but the words can't even touch what's in my heart

Beyoncé Giselle Knowles

December 1

Queens, New York

"So you got the girl?" Katorah asked. I nodded my head. "You done turned into Aug nigga."

"I guess."

"Come here bitch! I'm finna slap you, come on!" August jumped over the couch.

"No you not 'cause I'm not in love nor am I whipped nigga, that's when I get slapped."

"Wait 'til she get the good girl pussy, she most definitely gon' be whipped, talking shit." August said.

"How would you know? Ari ain't no good girl."

"She was. 'Til I put that pipe on her."

"Aight nigga." I stood up then pointed to Katorah and Chance. "Money. Need it stacked and delivered. Imma count it up when y'all done."

"We got you Boss."

I nodded my head and Jay and August walked with me down the stairs. We had some big moves to make today. To make my transition from here to San Diego easier, I'd found a house and I was going to go buy it today.

But before that, I had to go to Onika's ceremony. She was graduating this year so much earlier than her other classmates and to say I was proud was an understatement. Everybody else in her class had 5 or 6 more months until they were done with this year and she was done. When I say she was on her shit, that's what I meant.

The date I had with Onika really opened my mind to a lot about her and ultimately, myself.

"So the death of your dad is what started all this?"

I looked over at her, she was playing with my hand. She looked up, waiting for my answer.

"Nah. Before my Pops met my mom, he was a playin' ass nigga. 'Til she calmed him down. It was like some shit out of a movie. He ain't wanna lose her, she was his muse, the reason he did a lot of shit. Then they had me."

"And how does that translate to you being the whore that you are?"

"Really it was just the attention. Bitches flock, especially when you're mean to 'em. They beg for dick and when you give it to 'em, they never wanna go away. Crazy attracts me."

"Mhm."

I stared at the stars above me. "Sometimes I feel like you are to me what my Mom was to my Pops. The way he would describe it is how I be feeling about you."

"How you feel?" She straddled my lap. She held my face in her hands.

"Safe."

"Look at you bitchin' for another one."

"She not Kyla nigga." August looked over.

"You still love Kyla?"

"With my whole heart." I admitted. "Kyla was a different breed for real. Never met a woman like that."

"What about Nic?"

"Whole different lane. Can't even compare the two."

"Why?"

I got in the car and waited for them niggas to get in before driving off. "'Cause. Y'all know how Kyla was, she was down for whatever as long as she was by my side. Onika not going for that shit. She's taking herself and her safety over anything, any day."