Where are we?

I had a wonderful idea of this story and decided to pen it down after I got contagious excitement form Mahabharata_family members.

       Tiny POV :

      That evening, I was in my lab, working on Peter's Sensory overload ear plugs when I felt the need to get the exilir of life i.e. coffee. I got my EDITH glasses and started looking at the newest prototype on my way.

     Upstairs, I  saw Barnes, Wilson and Lang going out. The formers for a walk and the latter to go home. I entered the living area to find Peter silently doing his homework with Bruce's help and Rogers, Romanoff, Barton and Maximoff in a conversation that made them steal totally not inconspicuous glances at Peter. I needed to keep an eye on them.

      I went towards the coffee maker to find a note 'get me one cup too, Mr. Stark. Thanks' I smiled fondly at Peter's messy writing. This had become a thing between us because I'd banned him from ever making coffee. After he made extra strong coffee and couldn't sleep for 4 days straight.

        I made The Kid's coffee first and was going to give it to him when out of nowhere, green smoke appeared. I said aloud,"Wizard if this is a trick of yours, I'll murder you." No snarky response. Not even a voice correcting me. I was confused now. Strange was an honorary addition to the New Avengers but he hung out a lot with us and I knew that every time I called him Wizard, there would be a response. A voice, a sound, at least something. But that day, nothing...

        I looked at Peter to see him have his web shooters already on his wrists. He Spidey sense must have warned him. I was about to call my suit but the Bruce suddenly started swaying. I rushed to him but midway only, I saw the Rogues looking muddled too.

        I called out,"Peter! Bruce!" But it was too late, the fog had gotten too thick to see anything and I was suddenly feeling tired. I wanted to sleep but I shouldn't. That was the only thing in my head at that time. Then, darkness enveloped me.

        Author POV:

    Peter was the first one to open his eyes. His Spidey sense was buzzing too loud for his liking. He blinked a couple of times and got up. He looked around to find himself in an alley with unconscious Mr. Stark, Bruce and the Rogues. The thing that first came to his mind was that they were kidnapped. Because his surroundings weren't the same, it even seemed that they were out of their city, it very hot there.

      Peter then slowly and gently tried to wake Mr. Stark up with Bruce following. The Rogues were just prodded. After everyone was awake, Mr. Stark checked him all over for any injures. But all of them were alright with no injures.

     Tony's hand directly went to his arc reactor after realising that wherever he was reminded him of his kidnapping. The hot sun, the same air and the scorching heat. He felt an acute pain in his chest. His eyes started watering and his throat started closing.

        Peter, who was inspecting his surroundings and tuning out the Rogues, saw this and rushed towards his mentor. He slowly and gently grabbed Mr. Stark's hand and squeezed it. Usually, he would tell him where he was and his family was, but right now, he didn't even have that information.

       So he just said,"Don't worry, Mr. Stark, we are going to get out of here. We are going to go home, have some long scolding from May, Pepper and Dr. Wizard and then we are going to have a burger and talk about each and every upgrade that was going through out minds. Then, we'll play with DUM-E, U and Butterfingers. I'll try to make better coffee for you."  "You can't make coffee any more better than you already do, kid." Tony wheezed out.

        Then finally, Tony saw his glasses and on the ground. They were broken, but manageable. He grabbed them and put them on. Rogers said,"Tony, we might be in trouble and you care about your glasses right now?" Tony didn't pay him any heed and said,"Babygirl, you there?" A female voice answered,"Yes, boss." "Where are we, babygirl?" Tony inconspicuously looked out of the alley.

        There were multiple men and women passing by them. But something was weird about them. Their attire. Women were wearing some saree type dresses and men were wearing dhotis- he thanked his only visit to India- and turbans.

       FRIDAY said,"It appears that you've time travelled to ancient India, boss. Your the houses are made of materials from several thousand years ago." "Be more specific, babygirl." "It's appears that you're in what many Indians refer to as Dwapara Yuga." Her voice started cutting off when she started to say more. Tony desperately said,"Tell everything to Stephen. FRI? FRIDAY? Answer me!" The other avengers just stared.

       Tony could not believe this. Time travel, yes, he could even make a machine for that but of all places, ancient India? About which he knew nothing? Not even a word except the international 'namaste'? That India? That day, he fully accepted the fact that maybe he had accidentally angered a deity who was doing all this to his life. And it couldn't be normal in anyway.

         Bruce said,"But isn't that supposed to be a myth?" "Bruce, you've literally lived in a mythical place and fought gods. You shouldn't be surprised." Romanoff said. Bruce shook his head and tried to remember his days back in Calcutta. He was sure he had heard something about Dwapar or whatever this was. He then cursed profusely when he remembered something.

       "What happened, Bruce?" Maximoff asked him. He shook his head,"If what I am thinking is going to happen, we're in for a long ride in here." Peter was going to ask what that meant but then heard loud footsetps. He abruptly turned in that direction and saw a few soldiers marching up to them.

       One of them came forward and said, "Who are you and why are you here?!".   Peter frowned and looked at his fellow members. They all had looks of confusion on their faces. Even the two super spies who were oh so smart and all knowing.

       Tony looked at his team. Yeah, most of them were idiots but he didn't want to die or let Peter and Bruce get killed in time travel schist. So, he raised his hands in a surrender gesture and said,"We don't understand."

      The soldiers now wore a look of confusion. Then the man from ago, said,"Let's take them to Maharaj. Tomorrow is Rajkumari's swayamvar. We can't take any risks" .  Barton looked at Maximoff to ask her to look into their brains. But Peter shook his head minutely and glared at her. He did not want her and Barton's thick heads to be the reason of his and his mentor's death, thank you very much.

     So, they followed the soldiers silently while Tony's brain ran a mile and Bruce was praying to every god he knew of to let this be a dream.

So, how was it hoomans?

Hope it was good enough for y'all.

Until next time, bye and Please let me know your thoughts about this!