"Wise Decisions"

Half-awake, I feel the warmth of the sun on my skin. The curtains were wide open, and I see birds passing by the window.

I sat up rubbing my eyes and realized-

"It's my birthday!"

I went to the bathroom to wash my face and fixed my (h/l) (h/c) before I go downstairs. I looked into the mirror and can't help but chuckle at the enormous grin painted on my face.
Of course, you may think it's not much of a big deal that it's my day today, but it is for me because my father will be coming home!
I ran downstairs and saw my Mum cooking breakfast while carrying my one-year-old brother.

"Do you need any help, Mum?"
I asked her while kissing her on the cheek

"Good morning darling, happy birthday. Can you hold (B/N) for a minute? He's getting heavier."

I giggled at her statement causing her to laugh as well. Suddenly a loud bang rolled down from the stairs. Our floors were made out of wood so it was extremely loud. There goes my brothers rolling down the staircase once again.

"No fair William! I got it first!"
He said punching Isaac in the face

"You imbecile! We both know I called dibs yesterday! Are you suffering from memory loss?!"
He said and slapped William that caused a whip-like sound.

"Isaac (l/n), William (l/n)!!"

The two boys stopped wrestling on the ground and saw Mum's irritated expression. They quickly stood upright giving glares at each other.
(B/N) started crying so I gently rubbed his back and hummed. Mum cleared her throat.

"Instead of fighting why don't you two help me with the eggs?"

"Captain Isaac (l/n) reporting for duty!"

"I thought you said you'll stop saying that when you turned ten."

"Shut it! You took away my favorite hat, now you're after my future career too?"

"But that was my hat."

"Listen here, I bought that with my money so clearly it belongs to me"

"Didn't you check that it had my initials inside? You can't debate with that anymore"

"Last time I checked im the eldest here So you obey me."

Mum gave them a warm smile before handing William a bowl and gave Isaac the egg beater. Thankfully (B/N) stopped crying and was once again back to sleep.

I sat down on the counter with (B/N) sound asleep in my arms. I watch my brothers trying their best to get along. The look on Isaac's face is just so stupid, he's trying to look frightening but ended up looking like he's in the middle of constipation.
This made me wanna chuckle, and I tried my best to hold it in. I failed miserably.

"Oi, what so funny mate?" they both said in unison.

"Oh, it's nothing."

"Only a crazy person laughs at nothing (Y/n)."

"I've guessed it, she's gone mad!"

"Well, at least I don't talk to someone in my sleep. Oh, Carol! Do you promise to marry me someday?"

Isaac and I burst out laughing and I saw Mum chuckle a bit from the side of my eye. His face turned red and he looked down on his feet.

"I was just kidding, William. You know we love you."

"Moving on!"

He changed the topic and looked at me with a grin.

"So our little sister's turning 11 today, hm?"