8/ Pizza Night

"I'm glad you're doing a little better, honey." Alice smiled at her oldest daughter who was sitting across from her at a booth in Pop's.

It had taken some time, but it looked like the girl was slowly warming up to the idea of permanently living in Riverdale. What caused her to be more open was still a mystery to Alice, but she was grateful for the progress they made.

"Sorry for acting the way I did. It will take some time, but I believe things will be alright." Polly smiled softly and took a sip of her vanilla milkshake.

That she was being more vulnerable and understanding towards her family because of a guy she had met was something she'd rather keep to herself for at least a little while.

"And I have to admit, Pop's is amazing." She grinned and looked around the plates of food in front of them. It was definitely more than they could eat together.

"Here, take one of my onion rings." Alice shoved her plate to her daughter, who gladly accepted the snack.

Betty however, had paused eating her food as she noticed a familiar raven haired girl entering the diner.

"Veronica? What are you doing here?" She perked up as the girl approached her, who send her a surprised smile back.

"Betty! After you recommended eating something here I tempted my Mom to pay a visit." Veronica gestured to the woman next to her, who must be her mother. She smiled at the trio.

"Veronica and her Mom are new in town, too." Betty cleared up to Alice and Polly, who send the two of them a welcoming smile.

"Would you like to join us? The more the merrier." Alice offered and gestured to the empty spot next to Polly. If they all scooted over a bit they'd fit in one booth together.

"That sounds lovely, thank you." Hermione smiled at Alice as she was glad that someone would invite them. Being new in a town where you didn't know anybody was a challenge itself, so she was grateful for such a sweet offer.

"I'm Alice and this is my daughter Polly. I understand you've met Betty already." Alice kindly introduced herself to the two women as they sat down.

"It's a pleasure to meet you Alice. I'm Hermione Gomez. Betty has been over at our house last week, she's wonderful." Hermione complimented her youngest daughter, who smiled happily.

"That does sound like my Elizabeth." Alice beamed proudly and elbowed her playfully. Betty always loved it when people liked her, so this was something that would brighten her day.

"So, you just moved here like us?" Polly asked curiously, feeling like she could try to contribute to the conversation not only because they seemed like nice people, but to show her mother that she was really more openminded than before.

"We did, after my divorce we wanted something else, something new." Hermione explained them in a nutshell.

Of course it wasn't as black and white as she told them, but everyone knew the complications of a split up between two people with children.

"That sounds familiar." Alice chuckled a little but send her a sympathetic smile after, telling her that she was in the same boat.

"Only difficult thing about starting over is not knowing anybody. Luckily Betty has been very welcoming. It's nice to not be the only new one at school." Veronica looked at the blonde girl across of her, thanking her once more.

Betty knew way too well how it felt like being the new girl and the way Archie had been there for her, she had decided to try and do the same for Veronica.