25/ Baby Shower

It was around midnight when FP and Alice decided to go to bed. This time they were in Alice's apartment, mostly to be there for Polly if she needed someone. She would love to stay at FP's place, but she didn't want her daughters to be all alone.

"I just realized I've never been in your bedroom before." FP looked around with a grin tugging on his lips. For some reason even as friends they hung out more at the Andrews apartment.

"And how do you like it?" Alice looked over her shoulder with a smile while she changed into some more comfortable clothes.

FP walked over to her with lust in his eyes and smoothly turned her around by grabbing her hips.

"As long as you are it in I like it pretty well." He growled lowly, his hands coming to rest on her lower back.

"I thought so," Alice whispered seductively, teasing for him to take the bait and kiss her.

He didn't need much to go all in. His lips attached to hers in an instant, while his teeth playfully tugged on her bottom one. She let out a giggle and welcomed his tongue with her own as her hands came to hold onto his dark locks.

FP melted into her and groaned as she tugged on his hair, making one of his hands drift off to squeeze her ass, while the other slowly crept under her t-shirt.

But then suddenly, she tensed under his touch as if her body was telling her to stop. By the way she pulled back a little confused, he noticed that he needed to take a break to ask her what was going on.

"Hey, what's wrong? Did I overstep?" FP asked worriedly, his hands tenderly caressing her sides.

"No, it's not that..." Alice shook her head as she was trying to place the overwhelming feeling that had unexpectedly hit her.

She broke free from his embrace and paced around the room, while FP followed her every movement. It was scary to tell him what was bothering her, but it looked like it needed to be discussed before she could leave it behind. Alice turned around to face him again.

"I'm afraid that we— I—" She began to stutter, but when she saw the open, innocent but confused look on his face she decided to just throw it out.

"That I might disappoint you." She confessed embarrassed, her cheeks flushing a deep shade of red.

FP could feel his heart sink hearing those very words. How could you the in his eyes most beautiful woman on earth ever disappoint him, when he had been waiting for a connection like this for decades?

"Where did you get that idea? That won't happen." He said softly, trying to comfort her the best way he could without overstepping and coming to close.

"I thought I made clear that I'm crazy about you." He added, a small smile on his lips. Truth was, part of FP was hurt that she'd even think such thing about either herself or him.

"That's not what I doubt, it's that..." Alice struggled a little with explaining herself, but knew that once she had opened the conversation she owed it to him to be honest, even if that wasn't going to be easy.

"You have been with so many women, FP. It feels like I am in sort kind of competition I can't win." She averted her gaze to make sure he wouldn't see the tears in her eyes.

"I've only been with my ex-husband and a few other guys in high school and college... that's it." Alice added quietly, her voice soft and vulnerable.

FP sighed quietly, and held his hand out for her to grab.

"Al, come here." He asked her softly, and she accepted his gesture.

His hands fell on her waist and she held onto his arms, her cheeks still red with embarrassment.