33/ Isn't She Lovely?

"Woah, check this out!" Archie had been the first one inside the cabin, his eyes winding in excitement as he saw how beautiful it look. It was so much bigger than their apartment, and above all it really had a cosy Christmas vibe.

"We've got to run, we need the best room." He immediately grabbed his girlfriend's hands and ran with her towards the stairs.

"Who said you will be sharing a room?" Alice called instantly, making them come to a halt.

"Come on, it's the holidays!" Betty argued with her mother, giving her a pout.

"Alright, just this once." Alice smiled, and shook her head as she saw the very much in love teenagers run up the stairs to pick a room.

"They would find their way with or without you watching them, Al." FP grinned as he wrapped his arms around her middle and rested his head on her shoulder.

"Besides, have you seen those faces? They won't admit it but they are tired from the drive, nothing is happening." added Fred, shaking his head in laughter as he heard different doors opening and close.

It was after midnight, and everyone was exhausted from the long trip they just had, especially the people who had driving shifts.

"Well, I am never to tired for a relaxing before bed activity." FP whispered as he smirked at her.

"Oh, is that so?" Alice hummed and lolled her head backwards to peck a kiss on his lips.

"Dad is head over heels, isn't he?" Jellybean looked at her brother and laughed a little. It was almost a little weird seeing him like this.

"Yeah, he doesn't even try to be subtle. And if he does, he is doing a terrible job." Jughead shook his head with a smile.

Although they were joking, FP had overheard them and worried immediately.

"Sorry, are we being too much? I can tone it down." He said quickly. The last thing he wanted was to make his kids uncomfortable.

"No Dad, you're happy. We love seeing you like this." Jellybean chirped happily, making him relax.

"Should we get upstairs too, JB?" Jughead grabbed both their suitcases.

"Who's upstairs last is a loser!" The girl shouted, as she took a sprint to challenge her brother.

"We're going to get upstairs too, we'll see you in the morning." Hermione had turned towards the three and smiled sweetly.

"Sleepnight." Fred smiled, until he realized his mistake. His cheeks flushed a deep shade of red.

"I mean, I wanted to say Sleep tight but changed my mind halfway and—" He started to stammer, making it even more awkward then necessary.

"Sleepnight, Fred." Hermione winked, and grabbed her suitcase to pick out a bedroom for her and her daughter.

"She didn't even make fun of you! She's a keeper Freddie boy." FP playfully elbowed him.

"Well, who knows." Fred was still looking to the corner where she had just left.

"It's crazy that we're here with so many, don't you think?" Alice thought out loud. Everyone had gone off to sleep, so it was just the three of them left in the hall.

"Last year my divorce just got finalized, I bought the apartment around the holidays, I remember." It had been a completely contrast compared to this year. She had been emotionally exhausted and made the biggest life changing decision she had ever made.

"I always thought that Hal and I ruined the holidays for the girls, but turned out that they seem pretty happy to be here." Alice smiled contently. Even Polly, who had the biggest struggle with the divorce, was glowing like she had never had before.