24/ Mornings Like These

Alice is the first one to wake up, and as she turned around she felt the warmth of a body next to her, which is a feeling she hadn't been familiar with in a very long time.

It were FP's arms loosely wrapped around her waist, while he softly snorred. His bed hair was messy but cute and if she wouldn't want to look into his hypnotizing brown eyes she could have looked at him in his sleep state for hours.

However, Alice had other plans with him. She started to press featherlight kisses all over his face in an attempt for him to come out of his slumber.

"FP, wake up." She whispered quietly, and continued kissing his jaw, cheek, nose forehead and corner of his mouth.

"This tickles." He groggily murmured as he started to smile in his sleep. It made him look even cuter than before.

"Open your eyes then." Alice giggled, and finished off with a lingering kiss on his lips that he melted into.

FP finally opened his eyes and stretched slightly with a groan, as the grin that had formed on his face grew even brighter when he looked directly into her sparkling blue orbs. His arm came to wrap around her more tightly and his fingers started to tickle the skin underneath her shirt.

"If I am still dreaming, I don't want to wake up." He sighed happily, his eyes sparkling with morning glory.

"Believe me, it's real." Alice pecked a sweet kiss on his nose while her hand started to comb through his dark locks. She could barely believe that last night hadn't been a hallucination. He was really lying next to her.

"Goodmorning, beautiful." FP smiled brightly, and pulled her as close as humanly possible while capturing their lips in a long kiss.

"I can't believe your lying next to me." FP breathed out when he had slowly pulled back.

His eyes were still full of sleep, but as she looked right at him she could see the very specific, happy, twinkle in those brown innocent orbs that he only had around her.

"Me neither." She sighed contently. Her hand had continued combing his hair, a motion which could easily lull him back to sleep if he wanted to.

"Are you alright? You made a big decision yesterday." Alice's face turned serious, and if she was being honest with herself she had been worrying about him ever since Jughead told her he was coming back to Riverdale.

"The weekend was filled with those." FP sighed, and turned to lay on his back. Alice wrapped her arm around his upper body.

"I know Jellybean said I could go... I still feel bad." He thought out loud, his mind spiraling back to his daughter. There formed a worried frown on his face.

"Do you think she'll blame me for bailing again?" FP turned his head to look at Alice.

"Hey, don't say that. You chose for your own happiness, they literally told you to." She reminded him the way they had encouraged him to go back to his home town, to Fred, to her.

FP turned on his side again and sighed deeply, his head overflowing with confusion.

"Al, I left them with Gladys. I know I can't legally take them but it seems unfair." The more the talked about it, the guiltier felt about leaving his kids behind. Shouldn't there be another solution?

"Jughead is a wise boy and I am sure Gladys tries." Alice tried to comfort him, even though she knew it wasn't easy to talk this out of his head.

"Tries to break us apart, yeah." FP huffed and absentmindedly pulled her closer, as if that way he could make sure she'd stay.