13/ The First Date

"And? Did you talk to Alice yet?" Fred was finishing up making lunch for the three of them and looked at FP, who finished up some paperwork for the client they were about to meet tomorrow.

"I really don't know how to. Ever since we kissed I get so... nervous around her. Like I'm still in high school or something." FP shook his head a little confused.

He didn't understand where his sudden change in behavior came from. He never had trouble being around women before, so why was this different?

"Maybe Archie has some advice for you." Fred nodded at his son, and smirked a little.

"Why don't you take her out on a date? No pressure, just see how it goes." Archie shrugged a little as he accepted his plate with toast from his Dad.

"How come your eighteen year old son is more helpful than you?" FP turned to Fred with a serious frown on his face, but couldn't hold back a smile.

"He has a point. Going on a date can't do any harm." Fred added, actually thinking that Archie had proposed something good.

"Maybe I will. Do you think she'll want that?" FP turned to face Fred, his voice a little insecure. This wasn't just any other woman he was asking out, this was Alice.

"Depends, how good was the kiss?" Archie said with a straight face, but laughed as soon as he saw how FP looked at him.

"Come on, FP. There is nothing to be nervous about." Fred tried to help him out a little. The teasing was fun but he needed more encouragement if he was actually going to do this.

"I know, it's pathetic. I can't even remember the last time I went on a date." FP sighed and rubbed his eyes frustratedly.

He had experience with tons of women, but not the romantic kind. The last one he had actually tried to impress had been Gladys, even before Jughead was born.

"I'll take you to the florist to buy her some flowers and then you can go next door and just ask her." Archie proposed simply, as he saw that FP desperately needed some help.

"Thanks, Red. I appreciate that." FP smiled gratefully.

He had never guessed he would get dating advice from the son of his best friend, but as it works out he did have some helpful tips.

"Fine, I'll do it. On one condition." FP clapped his hands together and turned to Fred. He waited for him to share his terms.

"You ask out Hermione." He pointed out, a smirk on his face.

If they would encourage him to go out with Alice then at least he could try to convince Fred to take a shot too.

"What? Are you insane?" Fred almost spit out his coffee.

"Do we have a deal?" FP wasn't going to negotiate about this. Fred needed a little push and he was only giving it to him.

"Alright, you win." Fred sighed a little, but had to admit that the thought of asking out Hermione excited him.

**

Alice had finished up dinner when she heard a knock on her door. She expected Betty and Polly to be home from grabbing a milkshake from Pop's, but to her surprise it was her neighbor.

"FP? What are you doing here?" She asked surprised, a friendly smile on her face. It was late, so she was wondering what brought him at her place at this time.

"Are these flowers for me?" She noticed the small bouquet of roses in his hands. He was shaking a little.

"They are. I hope you like 'em." He handed them over, a nervous smile appearing on his face.