28/ Father Figure(s)

It was around eleven in the morning when Polly heard a knock on the front door of their apartment. She wasn't going to school today since her bump was growing in a quicker tempo than she had expected, making her very uncomfortable.

When she made her way back over to the door to open up, she looked straight into the eyes of her neighbors.

"FP? Fred? Are you looking for my mom? Because she isn't home until later tonight." She immediately assumed that they came to pick her up to do something fun, but nothing was less true.

"Nope, we're here for you." Fred clapped his hands together, a mischievous smirk growing on his lips.

"For me? Something wrong?" Polly grew worried, had something happened with Sweet Pea?

"We're taking you baby shopping today." FP smiled, hoping that she would be willing to go with them.

"Really? But you don't have to do that, I wouldn't want—" She began to protest, but Fred interrupted her as he knew what was on her mind.

"Before you say anything, it's all on us. Money isn't a problem." He assured her.

"That's what I wanted to say... I don't want to be a burden. I can't take your money." Her cheeks flushed.

She didn't have a lot of money herself and luckily her Mom was more than willing to pay for anything she needed, but it felt too uncomfortable to take money from people so close to them.

Fred and FP shared a look. They had to explain their reasons to do this, maybe she would feel better if she'd know.

"Sit down, okay?" FP gestured to the couch in her apartment. She obliged and waited for one of them to speak.

"You know how I've known Noah basically his whole life, right?" FP started out, and continued when Polly nodded.

"He has been working his ass off to be able to provide for you and your baby. But I know he has a dream, and we want him to able to pursue that." FP smiled sweetly.

Noah had been working so hard and almost all his savings to go to college were going to the baby. He was truly there for his girlfriend and kid, but after FP and Fred had talked last time Polly had come over, they realized that they could help in another way. They could miss some money and invest in supplies for her baby.

"So, he is going to save his money from his extra shifts, and we'll go take you for everything you need." FP promised, and pulled his arm around her.

"I don't know what to say... that's the most generous thing somebody has ever done for me." Polly smiled gratefully. She had trouble accepting this, but it looked like the men couldn't be convinced otherwise.

"Do you have a list? We know your Mom got a lot of stuff already, but let's take a look to all that isn't crossed off yet." Fred added with a smile, ready to buy all the stuff the girl needs.

**
Once in the store, it wasn't only Polly who had a lot of fun looking at all the baby stuff. FP for example had set his eyes on a very special piece of clothing.

"Check this out! A mini leather jacket!" He turned it around with a happy smile on his face.

"Don't tell Noah, he might really want to buy it." Fred leaned towards Polly and tried to lower his voice, but FP had heard nonetheless.

"Hey! After all your baby has Serpent blood." He pointed out, smirking as he did. Getting the giant green snake on the back wasn't hard to do.

"I actually do love it." Polly laughed, as she looked at the leather jacket.