10/ A Good Day

"Hey, the calendar says it's Jughead's birthday today. Congrats, man." Fred patted his best friend's shoulder when he just finished making his breakfast.

"Thanks, Fred. I can't believe he's eighteen already." FP smiled proudly.

He remembered holding him for the very first time and now he was becoming an adult. Time went by way too fast.

"Me neither. You're getting old." Fred joked, making FP send him a playful glare.

"When are you seeing him again?" He asked, turning serious again.

Jughead wasn't often at their apartment, mostly because Gladys had been very strict about how and when FP got to see his children. Jellybean was still being kept for him, but Jughead stopped by every once in a while when he got the chance.

"Probably next weekend. He said he'd come visit here so he can see Archie again, too." FP turned to the redheaded boy, who must be excited to see his friend again.

"It'd be nice seeing Jughead, it has been ages." Archie smiled, already looking forward meeting him again.

The doorbell rang, making all three man look up. It seemed like none of them expected anyone, considering the puzzled looks on their faces.

"Why do people visit before noon?" FP mumbled grumpy, but stood up to open the door anyway.

He guessed it weren't the across the hall neighbors, since by now they knocked and barged in a second later.

When he opened the door, his eyes suddenly grew wide. It was Jughead. His son stood right in front of him. FP sweared that he was hallucinating.

"Boy? What are you doing here?" FP let out in disbelief, a happy chuckle escaping his mouth.

"Visiting my dad on my birthday, of course." Jughead smiled, as if it was no big deal.

However, he had to ask his Mom a thousand times before she had eventually gave in. He was eighteen now, so she couldn't forbid him.

"God, I missed you." FP threw his arms around his son and hugged him tightly. Jughead returned the same gesture, keeping him close.

"Your sister isn't with you, is she?" FP pulled back, his voice filled with insecurity. He knew the answer, but he needed to ask.

"No, I'm sorry." Jughead said regretful. It wasn't anything he could change, but he still felt sorry for his Dad.

"Don't be, that is not your fault. I'm already very grateful that you are here." FP smiled softly, and gestured for him to come further.

"Jughead, welcome back! We were just talking about you." Fred beamed happily as soon as he saw the boy with the signature beanie walking in.

"Hey, what about we celebrate your birthday with a party today? We can invite Alice and her daughters?" FP impulsively suggested out of excitement. In his eyes a surprise visit from his son was something worth celebrating.

"Who's Alice?" Jughead asked him, the name totally unfamiliar.

"They moved across the hall." FP cleared up.

"I won't say no to a party, you know that." The boy grinned, a feeling of happiness taking over him. He had missed his father like crazy.

"Great, let me go over there and ask them." FP clapped his hands together and basically sprinted to the door to ran over to apartment 4A.

"He seems happy about inventing them." Jughead noticed a little confused.

"Oh, you have no idea." Fred laughed, shaking his head.