Chapter 04

Gulat akong napatingin kila mommy at daddy.

"Aren't you happy for your mom and I, Kirsh?" I was pulled out of reverie when Dad spoke again.

Agad akong ngumiti ng pagkalaki laki at pumalakpak pa.

"No, dad. Psh. That's absurd! Of course, I am happy! Congrats!" and I hugged both of them.

Dad hugged me back but mom just stays still with a smile I haven't seen for a long time. And I can't help but to stare at her, she looked so happy and excited. Kahit wala siyang sabihin those spark on her eyes and the smile she has; she was grateful.

"So that's the reason for the cake and this feast, huh?" pabiro kong sabi sakanila.

"Yeah. Actually, ngayon ko lang rin nalaman. I was tired from work then your mom here has this worried look on her face and it was like all my tiredness was thrown out the window, but then she slowly smiles and tears from her eyes fall endlessly as she handed me the pregnancy test," masayang kwento ni dad.

"Yeah?" nakangiting tanong ko pero in the back of my mind I was wondering.

Why didn't my mom told me that when I was telling her my stories? But then baka gusto niya na sabay lang sila ni dad na sabihin sakin or maybe she wants dad to know first since it was his sperm.

"Yeah but we'll still go to the OB tomorrow to further confirm it and also to know yung mga dapat niyang iwasan during her pregnancy." I knew what dad wants to say pero he sugar-coat it anyways.

And I didn't want to ruin the celebration we were having by bringing up the past so I happily engaged in conversation with them.

"You know Gus, we should probably shop some baby clothes. Unisex colors will do since di pa natin alam yung gender ng baby. And oh, feeding bottles as well," excited na sabi ni mom kay dad.

"Yes we should do that, love. And also ipapaayos ko na yung isang room natin para dun na natin ilalagay yung mga gamit ni baby," and dad even caressed mommy's tummy and mom holds dad's hand, "Hey, little human be good to mommy, okay? Don't give her a hard time and be strong little bud." and he kissed mommy's tummy.

They looked at each other with smiles on their face as they kissed.

"Ugh! Get a room people," pambasag ko sakanila dahil masyado na silang nadadala. "Mom already has a baby inside her dad don't tell me you're planning to make it twins," I jokingly said but dad's face lit up.

"Sa tingin mo possible yun, Kirsh?" he asked me.

"Dad!" and he and mom laughed. "Ang manyak, dad," habol ko pa

"What? Mag-asawa na kami ng mommy mo and you know that se—"

"La la la la. I don't hear anything," at tinakpan ko pa ang tainga ko. "You know if you want to do your thing I'm out of here. I am not ready to witness those kinds of things"

"C'mon, Kirsh you're of age for this kind of things and besides kailangan mo malaman ang mga bagay na ganito," pagkukumbinsi sakin ni dad na agad ko naman pabirong inirapan.

"I don't wanna know, dad. Thank you but I'm fine. It's not like I'm gonna do it anyway"

"Well we'll never know when opportunity presents itself." and he even wiggled his brows.

"Dad! Jusko mommy pagsabihan mo nga yan si dad. Grabe ang libido eh." They just laughed at me.

This was one side of dad na hindi ko alam kung magugustuhan ko ba or aayawan. He kept on telling me that sex education is a must dahil eighteen naman na daw ako. Ang di niya lang alam na marami pa akong alam sakanila. Don't blame me blame my classmates who opened my mind to those things. I was shocked when they started telling me things.

"But on a serious note, I'm super happy for you guys," sabi ko sakanila.

And dad looked at me with so much happiness that even his eyes were smiling.

"I'll go upstairs na. I still have to study since Biostat and Biophy ang subjects ko bukas." Tumayo na ako at lumapit sakanila to kiss them goodnight.

"Thanks for the great food and have a great night. Also, please try to keep it low," I whispered the last sentence to them.

"Roger that" and dad even saluted to me.

Napailing nalang ako sakanya. Maloko talaga. Before I can even exit our kitchen napahinto ako dahil sa narinig.

"Thank you, Kirsh. I know you'll be a good sister and have a good night," Mom said.