Chapter 10

I was in the hallway when I saw my mom standing in front of my room's door.

"Hey mom, may kailangan po kayo?"

Agad siyang napatingin sa 'kin like she was caught in act.

"Ah... I... I was just wondering if you want to see the ultrasound copy," she stuttered.

I stared at her with my mouth agape. I tried to say something but closed my mouth when nothing came out.

"Kirsh?" she called me, and I blinked multiple times. I even pinched myself to see if I am dreaming but it hurts so I am not.

"Uh, yes mom. Of course, I want to see it" I secretly hide the copy dad gave me.

"Here" sabay abot niya sa 'kin nung picture.

"So cute. What's the gender, mom?" I asked ecstatic kahit pa alam ko na ang sagot.

"It's a baby girl. A beautiful baby girl," she answered smiling while looking admiringly at the picture.

Di ko namalayan na nakangiti na rin pala ako habang pinagmamasdan siya kaya naman nang nag-angat siya ng tingin sa'kin medyo kumunot ang noo niya. I cleared my throat.

"Can I have this, mom?"

"Of course, sa 'yo talaga yan. I remembered you asking for one bago kami magpacheck-up." Again, I was startled with what she said kaya hindi nanaman ako nakasagot agad.

"Thank you, mom. This means a lot," nakangiti kong sagot. She also smiled at me and it was a genuine one.

Hindi ko na napigilan ang sarili ko and I hugged her. She was surprised with what I did 'cause I felt her froze for a moment and later on she was hesistant whether to give back my hug but I felt her hands caressing my back.

"I love you, mom" I said trying hard to stifle my cry.

"And I love you, Kirsh" binaon ko ang mukha ko sa balikat niya at mas niyakap pa siya ng mahigpit.

She chuckled with my action.

"I'm really sorry, mom. I'm so sorry."

"Shh, its okay now, baby. Mommy has forgiven you long time ago," she replied that made me cry harder.

I was like a child na pilit pinapatahan ng nanay niya dahil may umaway sakanya. Mom hugged me until I calmed down and when I faced her, her eyes were bloodshot, but she gave me her smile that I haven't seen for a long time.

"Stop punishing yourself, anak. Stop feeling sorry for the mistake you've done in the past. I've felt how sorry you were, and I saw how you punished yourself for that. I saw you trying to make it up to me, I saw how you were excited to do things with me but you contained yourself because you were thinking that I'm still not comfortable with you," she looked at my whole face as she caressed my face, "I'm sorry. I wasn't a mother to you for the past years. Emotions got the best of me. It was hard for me, anak." I saw tears forming on her eyes.

"Mom please don't cry. I hate seeing you cry because of me." Bahagya siyang natawa sa sinabi ko at pinahid niya ang namumuong luha.

"These are tears of joy, anak. I hope mapatawad mo ako sa mga nagawa ko sa 'yo. I wa— "

"You need not say sorry, mommy. I understand what you did. Hindi rin naman po ako nagtanim ng sama ng loob sainyo. I understand it, mom so don't be sorry," pagpuputol ko sakanya.

"Thank you, Kirsh. You have such a good heart and I hope you know that. I love you, anak," she said smiling.