Chapter 23

Agad akong napakapit sa sasakyan ko ng makarating ako sa parking. I gathered all the strength that I have para lang hindi madapa dahil ramdam kong nakatitig siya sa'kin hanggang makalabas ako ng ospital.

I closed my eyes and tried to even my breathing, I didn't realize I was shaking the whole time. It felt like I ran a marathon because of my sudden heartbeat; it was frantically beating! I've been waiting for that moment to happen pero nung andun na I suddenly don't know how to act. It has been 9 long years and... he changed... a lot. Lalo ang physical features niya. I knew for a fact that he has a toned body before pero yung katawan niya ngayon, it's not buffed but it's more toned than his body before. And his face, alam kong gwapo na siya dati pero hindi ko alam na may mas iga-gwapo pa pala siya. And I think he grew taller too.

'Damn, Kirsche! Yun talaga ang napansin mo sa kanya? You're shamelessly fantasizing about him!' I reprimanded myself.

I cleared my thoughts about him before driving home, I can't afford to be in an accident just because I'm daydreaming about my... about Cove... I don't even know how to address him. I didn't consider him as my ex because basically, we didn't break up. Para sa 'kin, kami pa rin. Wala nga lang communication.

"Ate!" beamed Kaisley as she ran towards me and I picked her up.

"Hi, baby!" I laughed as she showered me with kisses, "Are you tired, Ate?" she asked as she tried to cup my face with her little hands.

I pinched her nose and she giggled, "Ate's super tired," as soon as she heard my response, she looked down and pouted.

I surely knows this look. Ganito yung ginagawa niya pag may gusto siyang makuha o kaya pag ayaw niya matulog ng hapon.

"Too tired to play with me?" I closely watched her as she continued to pout and gave me her puppy eyes.

Balak ko pa sana siya tiisin kaso pano? Masyadong cute at magaling mang-uto 'tong kapatid ko. I jokingly pinched her cheeks and she smiled, alam niya na kasing nanalo siya.

"You surely know how to use your charms, no?" and she nods at me, "Loko. Sige na, I'll just change my clothes then we'll play, okay?"

"Okay!" and as soon as I put her down nagtatakbo na agad siya sa kwarto niya; to assemble her toys.

Natawa na lang ako sa kakulitan ng kapatid ko. Kaisley's already 9 years old and ever since she learned how to talk and walk, she became our own ray of sunshine. Her existence was a breath of fresh air to us, especially to me. Those times that Cove suddenly left, aside from my friends having my back, I can't deny that Kaisley has the greatest contribution. I was and still is grateful to have them as my family. Mom and dad didn't bother to ask questions but they just stay by my side, and I appreciated it, a lot. Hindi ko rin kasi alam kung pano ko sasabihin sakanila, so them keeping mum was really a great thing for me.

"Hi mom, dad" at nagmano ako sakanilang dalawa.

Sa may pool side ko sila natagpuan, cuddling.

"Andito ka na pala, anak. Kumain ka na ba?" tanong ni mommy.

"Hindi pa nga mommy. Mas gusto ko na ngang matulog na kesa kumain," nalukot ang mukha ni mommy sa sinabi ko.

She stood up and caressed my hair as she looked at my face, "Kawawa naman ang baby namin, e narinig pa naman namin si Kais. Mukhang hindi ka pa makakatulog niyan. Tawagin nalang namin so you can rest," I smiled at what mom said pero umiling din agad ako.