Chapter 09

"Kirsche Artemis, mind telling me about that young man?" bungad na tanong ni daddy pagkabalik ko sa paghatid kay Cove.

"What dad?" maang kong tanong sakanya.

He stood up, crossed his arms on his chest and with scrutinizing eyes he looked at me. I jokingly stare at him, but he remained serious and I knew that I shouldn't be joking around.

"What do you want me to say dad?" pagsuko ko.

"Well for starters, you can tell me why that young man was really here." I groaned the moment he finished his sentence.

"He already told you, dad. He was passing by and naalala niya na dito ako nakatira so he swings by," pag-uulit ko sa kasinungalingan ni Cove.

Ghad, how I hate telling lies to my parents especially to my dad. I know that he can see through those lies.

"You can do better than that, Kirsh. Tell me."

I looked at him contemplating whether I will tell him the real reason or will I continue my lying spree. And I was also carefully choosing the right words for him not to put any malice between me and Cove.

"Fine. He knew that I'll be alone here because of the ultrasound thing and so he asked around for my address and came here to keepme company." Mahabang eksplenasyon ko sakanya.

But instead of calming down he now put his two hands on his hips. I'll kill Cove when I see him.

"Now I should be worried. Magkaibigan lang ba talaga kayo Kirsche Artemis?"

"Dad! Of course! Do you think I would even like the guy?"

"I don't know. Would you?" napasabunot ako sa buhok ko dahil sa tanong ni daddy.

"Seriously, dad we should end this discussion because this was absurd!" I blurted out.

"You don't talk to me in that way, Kirsche. I am your dad." May diin na sabi niya.

I was taken aback with what he said, and my nerves began to calm down.

"Sorry, it was just that you don't need to think of such things, dad. Magkaibigan lang talaga kami and it only has been three months. Aren't you happy that I have a friend?" Dad expression became soft.

He walked closer to me and held both of my shoulders.

"Hey, of course, I'm happy that you have a friend, but I was just a little on the edge because it was a guy friend. It was my instinct working, anak. And you're my baby girl and I promised myself that I will not let anyone hurt you in anyway possible. You're very precious to me so forgive my actions and words. I'm just trying to protect you, baby." His eyes scream sincerity and I can feel the warmth in them.

I can't helped but smile and hug my dad. He was just the best!

"I know dad. I understand, okay? And I'm sorry to for saying that it was absurd. Nadala lang po ako nang emosyon." He chuckled because of my reply and he even tousled my hair.

"It was fine, kiddo. I understand. These kinds of things were new to you. Love life and such. Suitors." Agad akong kumalas sa pagkakayap ko sakanya at masama siyang tinignan.

"Dad! Stop it. Wala pa po sa isip ko yan. The only goal I have in my mind right now are to graduate with latin honor and ace NMAT," I proudly told him, and I can also see that he was proud of me.

"That's my girl! I know you can do it and we'll be here while you're achieving those things, okay?"

"Of course, dad." He smiled at me and hugged me one more time when I suddenly remembered something.