04:00

Lying on the cold floor... cannot move... even an inch... a piercing pain all over... my vision blurry... try to cry... no voice comes out... I panic... someone.... please... help... no voice... cannot see anything... dark... cold... a ray of light... Li Qiang!

"Wei Wei!"

I open my eyes to find a pair of concerned eyes looking at me. I sit up on the bed, trying to catch my breath and Li Qiang rubs my back softly.

"A nightmare?" he passes me the glass of water which was on his nightstand.

I nod and take a sip from the water, "it has been two years but that hotpot incident still haunts me," I answer with irritation.

"Why did you agree to go for hotpot again if you are still haunted by it?" he puts the glass back on the nightstand.

"It is a company tradition, how can I say no?"

Li Qiang gives me a serious look, "you could say you are traumatised by the meat jumping in the hotpot water," his words break into laughter.

I try to keep my cool but his laughter is contagious so I just give in and join him. At four am, we are laughing like lunatics.

"Do you feel better now?" he asks when we finish laughing.

I nod with a smile, "thank you," I give him a light kiss on the lips and he pulls me into his arms so that we can go back to sleep.