Side Story : Nightly Missions

It was peaceful night, or so thought Meliodas.

The sins were camping out, resting after traveling halfway through Britannia. There were reports of vampires at the village called Edinburgh, and they requested the eight deadly sins to wipe them out.

The sins had made a make-shift campsite, each sin having a sleeping buddy. King and Diane, Ban and Gowther, Merlin and Escanor and Meliodas and Y/N. The H/Cette didn't mind sleeping with her Captain, it just came with a set of rules, her words being: "No touching, no looking, no scooting closer to me, no smelling." it may have sounded weird, but if you were there to witness Meliodas sniff Y/N for who knows what, then you'd understand.

She stopped her listing when she realized the midget hadn't been paying attention. She huffed her cheeks in disbelief and turned to speak with Diane. Little did she know, Meliodas had heard it all, and he was basically following all of them, except for the occasional glance. He couldn't sleep, he doesn't know why, he just couldn't. It's like there was an invisible force keeping the blonde awake.

Now the E/C eyed girl was fast asleep, walking through the village, Zachariah. It was something Y/N had frequently learnt. She would have the same dream over and over again, each time worse than the last. Lucky for her, she hadn't gone passed sweating.

So to imagine she was breathing heavily was a sign to her that that wasn't going to be the same. Meliodas saw the change and looked at her. She looked like she had just visited the sun. That indicating she had reached her house. Her heart hammered as she looked at the door, knowing what was waiting for her. With a deep breath, she opened the door.

She walked inside the house, looking around. Everything looked normal, except the missing wall at the back of the house, taking her to the centre of the village. Y/N never questioned the design of the house, considering she was welcomed to their family it would be rude to point out the details of their house. She continued her journey, in reality breathing heavy.

She hated these dreams with a passion. It kept on reminding her that the only people who cared for her died, and she would have them once every week. Meliodas was about to break another one of her rules, scooting closer to her.

He was worried if anything. This was the first time he's seen his comrade like this. It was time, Y/N had reached her torturing destination. The body fell to the ground as soon as she arrived. Her eyes widened, realizing she could've saved her if she were faster.

This happened all the time. Whenever Y/N reached this part of the dream, she wouldn't be able to distinguish it from reality. So she would think that this was all real, that she could've saved her, that she could've had her sister back. But it was agonizing to find out it was just a dream, that she couldn't save her family, that she couldn't save Sierra.

So there she was, her sisters head on her lap, crying over the lifeless person. Meliodas took notice of her groaning and decided it would be best to wake her up from whatever she was dreaming about. He shook her once or twice calling her quietly trying not to wake up the others. He repeated it but a bit louder. It didn't work.

"Y/N!"

She shot up, looking at Meliodas shocked. She was reeling in what had happened. Her magic went out of control, killing everyone, she stood up looking at the burning village, and then she was here.

It was all a dream

A pained expression formed on her face but realizing her Captain was there it quickly turned into a bored one. "I thought I told you to keep your distance." her voice wavered and she hated it.

Meliodas' eyebrows furrowed, looking at her. With a final decision, he got ahold of her shoulders and pulled her in for a tight hug. She was surprised at first, but she slowly returned it just as tight. She felt the tears forming and she tried to keep them in but it was all a futile attempt.

A silent whimper found a way through her lips, though it wasn't silent at all. Meliodas heard the whimper and thought he was hugging her too tight. That thought came to a halt when he felt something wet on his back and Y/N hugging just as tight. They stayed like that for a few minutes relishing each others warmth, Y/N being the one to let go.

She took shaky breaths, trying to calm herself down and stop the overflow of tears. She shot her Captain a smile, which he returned but his one with a hint of sadness. "Thanks Captain, I really needed that." her raspy voice spoke. "Well if you ever need another one of the Super Famous Meliodas Hugs, you know where to find me." Meliodas gloated.

"Yeah, hanging around with Escanor during the day." she chuckled before yawning. In all honesty she didn't want to sleep, she was scared to sleep again. She never wanted to visit that place. Meliodas saw her tiredness and spoke. "You should sleep." he spoke softly. "Yeah you as well, we both are going to Edinburgh tomorrow." she spoke, subconsciously lying down.

"Well I can't fall asleep." he spoke, rubbing the back of his neck. Y/N being droopy, she wasn't in her right mind. She took ahold of Meliodas's arm, pulling him down next to her. Their faces were inches away apart. Y/N had already fallen asleep, and Meliodas not wanting to disrupt her sleep, settled down.

He found heat raising to his cheeks from the close proximity. He brushed it off and feel asleep, cuddling with Y/N in the end.

By morning they had overslept.

Ban was going to wake the both of them but stopped when he saw the situation. "Hey guys, mom and dad are sleeping together." he spoke in a nonchalant tone.

Diane gently punched Ban out of the way and looked inside the tent with one of her eyes. Seeing them, she immediately swooned. She already thought they would make an awesome couple and she called King over.

King having been woken up by Ban's wrath, slowly made his over to Diane, tired and wet. Seeing Captain and Y/N woke him up fully. He was genuinely surprised. He thought the captain would never settle for one person, considering he'd grope woman wide and far.

Soon enough Merlin and Gowther made their way over there. "Is this what couples do?" Gowther asked from inside his armour. "Interesting." Merlin spoke. At this point Y/N woke up. "What the hell!!" she screamed, finding herself that close to the captain.

She immediately scrammed for the exit but stopped when she saw everyone looking at her. With her knee, foot and hand on the ground, she looked like she was in an uncomfortable position. With her other arm, she waved to the group. "Hey guys, didn't know you were here." she spoke awkwardly, heat rising to her cheeks.

Meliodas stirred, causing her to whip her head back towards him. She quickly stood up and made a run outside, coming up with an excuse to not face Meliodas. She was by far humiliated and she obviously didn't want a teasing captain by her side.

Meliodas woke up a minute after Y/N left. He slowly sat up to see all his teammates except Y/N looking at him. "Yo." he greeted with his two finger salute. He stood up with a smile and went out to change. He saw Y/N in her armour writing something in the diary she always kept with her. Little did he know it meant the world to her, given by Sierra, the last gift she ever received from her.

She was writing about her nightmare and everything that happened that night. When she was done she slammed the book shut, put it in her bag and walked towards the other sins. "We ready?" she asked in a cheery mood. They nodded and with that they packed everything and left for Edinburgh.

A/N : So I could tell that chapter 11 wasn't going to come out today and I didn't want to be late in updating a chapter so I made a side story to replace the chapter.

Also what would you do if I made a Zeldris X Reader?

Next up is Chapter 11 : Peaceful Visit