Chapter 6 : Aftermath

Meliodas' POV (HOW LONG HAS IT BEEN!?)

I opened my eyes slightly, then closed them, groaning from the onslaught of light. "Sir Meliodas!" I heard a familiar high-pitched voice. I opened my eyes to see a teary eyed Elizabeth. "Yo." I greeted, sitting up. "Oh Sir Meliodas! I-i was so afraid... you'd never... wake up." she cried, engulfing me in a hug. "Don't cry. Anyway, where am I?" I asked, slowly letting go.

"We're in one of the rooms in the castle of Camelot." Elizabeth spoke, wiping her tears off. "Camelot... I see. Where are the others?" I asked her. "Oh they're outside." she replied, cheery. "Can you take me to them." I asked gently. "But Sir Meliodas, you're wounds." Elizabeth complained, but I shook my head, disregarding her words. She looked at me with worried eyes, but gave me a smile, agreeing. She helped me up as we walked out of the room.

We walked into a room where Slader, Arthur, Gowther, Hawk and the stoned Merlin were. I looked around the room, not seeing Y/N. "I'm sure...that Merlin's disappointed in me." I heard Arthur say, seated next to his stoned companion.

"Then we'll just have to hear it from Merlin herself!" I yelled, causing all heads to snap to me. "Meliodas! What about your wounds?" Arthur was the first to speak up. "I don't even feel them." I snickered. "So... just what happened after all that?" I asked, my chuckle subsiding. "It's hard to imagine Galand just up and leaving without finishing us off." I finished, turning serious. Gowther spoke up, being dressed in a towel. "I manipulated his memories a touch. So that he thought he already finished off the captain and his crew.".

"Gowther! When did you return to your old form?" I asked, a little anxious. "And what are you wearing?" I asked pointing to his towel. He took a few steps forwards and unfolded his towel, showing the parts that should not be shown. Elizabeth looked away while I looked at his face. "I have no clothes." he said simply.

"Don't show us that." I shook my head, while he tucked his towel back on. "So... you're okay now?" I asked with an eyebrow raised. "With what?" the doll titled his head to the side. " you know...that thing..." I trailed off.

In understandment, he flashed us his wrist, where a bracelet was placed securely. "If you mean going berserk, then you have nothing to worry about. I have this Hysteria Prevention Bracelet. It is the prototype of Merlin's magical device No. 174. The 'Calming Amulet'." he spoke. "It's Merlin's? So you put it on yourself?" I asked him another question.

"After Galand left, I took Gowther by surprise and slapped it on him as he was trying to make his escape." someone spoke. "Th-that voice..." I heard Arthur murmur. "Merlin!!" Arthur exclaimed in joy, looking at her stoned figure. An orb floated next to the ginger-haired. "You're looking in the wrong direction, Arthur. I'm right here." Merlin spoke, her voice coming the orb.

"Ah! A talking sphere!!" Hawk exclaimed, hiding behind Elizabeth. "It's Merlin's Sacred Treasure." I spoke, looking at the orb. "Just before my body turned completely to stone, I transferred my soul into Venus Aldan." Merlin's voice echoed from the orb."Thank goodness! Wait.. Is it okay to be happy about this?" Arthur asked, confused.

"Even with my magic, I don't think I'll be able to lift any 'commandments' by the Ten Commandments. As Galand said... the commandments were originally powers of the Demon King." There was a silence before a certain ginger-haired broke it. "Nothing can break it.".

"Well there is a possibility that the Goddess Clan can, but that's almost as impossible as Hawk's stomach getting full." I said joking, trying to lighten the mood. "Hey what's that suppose to mean!?" Hawk complained. "But what's more threatening is the sheer strength of Galand himself. Even being sapped of his magic as he was, we were utterly powerless against him and got defeated easily." Merlin spoke up. "Complete and utter defeat." I spoke, dejected. I've been thinking of going to find the last sin, I think now is the time. We continued discussing how we all could level up and how we should start looking for the last sin.