Chapter 27: Revealed

(Before I start the chapter, I'd like to say thank you to all the people who've supported me, and thank you so much for 3k reads and 100 votes)

Third POV

"Can I see it again?"

"Oh come on. This is like the tenth time you've asked."

"It just seems so surreal. Plus, it's better than where you put mine."

"I think it looks perfect where it is."

"Only because it's just below my ass."

After gaining the permission(as if she ever needed one), Y/N softly got ahold of Meliodas's right arm, her thumb slowly grazing the darker skinned blob placed on his shoulder. It sent tingles through her body, which lead her to smiling.

No matter how many times she'd tell herself, "it could all just be a dream" she never woke up, and that's the best part.

This wasn't a dream

"I wish I could hear your thoughts." Meliodas spoke, seeing the girl's somewhat awed expression. "You can't?" Y/N questioned, receiving a nod in return.

"That probably means we have to force it until it becomes natural or something-- look I don't know shit about this mate stuff." Y/N ended up admitting. She then tried stifling a yawn, or being as discreet as possible. Obviously, Meliodas saw it, but didn't point it out.

Meliodas stood up from their comfortable position, sitting on a cliff. "Then let's learn it."

It took a while Y/N for take his hand. Meliodas pulled her up, and with both of them not set on letting go, they walked down the hill with intertwined hands.

"Are we ever gonna tell the others?" Y/N asked, side-glancing at her... boyfriend? mate? She actually doesn't know. She had tried to bring the topic up once before, but that led to being disrupted by basically everyone. Then came the Vaizel Festival... which she really doesn't want to remember.

Y/N didn't need to elaborate, because coincidentally Meliodas thought the same thing. They never really talked about it, it just... happened.

"I don't know. We'll just let them figure it out while we figure out what we are." Meliodas shrugged. As the two walked in silence, a blue-haired figure caught sight of them and their couple-like actions, which lead the former to smirking.

Were they going to approach the couple and point it out? No, what was the fun in that. What's better, approaching them now and ruining the fun, or waiting for the perfect time to strike and catch them off-guard (most likely in front of a crowd)? The latter, obviously. So they walked away, whistling a tune.

<Hello~>

Meliodas laughed after hearing the familiar voice play in his head. He was wondering why Y/N was so silent, almost focused on something, and that just gave his answer. "What?" Y/N questioned, a small smile (barely visible) on her lips.

"You're cute." Meliodas chuckled. Y/N bit her lip, trying to suppress the small smile from showing.

What's wrong with her? She isn't her usual self. No, not at all. And Meliodas? Y/N's surprised by how non-perverted he's been lately. But did she mind? No, not at all. Y/N bit the inside of her lips, trying not to yawn once again.

Soon enough, their aimless walking lead them to the castle, and unsurprisingly, most of the sins stood outside.

Merlin was about to speak, but was cut off by Gowther, "Why are you holding hands?"