Chapter 15 : Fighting Festival

Y/N's POV

After Captain and Ban punched a hole through the two walls, we were standing in where I assumed the festival would take place, thinking to what that huge, blue giant said. Everyone who came in groups called out their partners.

"Matrona, yoohoo!" Diane yelled to a blonde giant. "M.. Meliodas!" Hendrickson called out. "Yo! Sorry for making you wait!" Captain spoke.

"Elaine!" Ban called out, looking at where King, another fairy and Holy Knight were standing. "Oh, Ban!" the Holy Knight spoke. "Elaine! King! Ban also made it to the goal." the Knight informed them.

I really need to find out her name, otherwise I'd be stuck with calling her 'The Holy Knight'. So I planned on approaching her.

Before I could, I just realized whom the thorn covered dude and giant standing on the platform were. I saw them by that giant pink tree the other day. "Uh... Whoa..." Howzer spoke. "Th... that's..." Gilthunder stuttered.

"C... Close up like this, that's one intimidating vibe they're giving off..."

"If you want to turn back, now's your chance." Captain spoke seriously. I walked up to him. "Ten Commandments?" I asked him in a hushed tone to which he nodded.

"That's the Ten Commandments." Captain announced to everyone. "Ladies and gentlemen of every race and species! Welcome to the finest in time-wasting... I mean, the Fighting Festival." the thorn covered dude spoke.

How can someone be bored during a time like this..? They're the Ten Commandments, what else can I expect. I'm also going to call him Thorny, thorn covered dude is too long of a nickname for me.

"First we're going to--" Thorny was cut off. "I don't care who or what you guys are." a random contestant started. "But I want convincing proof that what you said about granting wishes is the real deal. Otherwise, I'll deem you guys liars, and make you pay up for involving us in this farce, Got it?" he spoke.

I shook my head. How stupid can Humans get..?

"... As I was saying!" Thorny continued, dismissing the man who spoke." First, were going to prepare the stage you'll be fighting on. Take it away, Drole." Thorny ended to whom I assumed was Drole. "You trying to swindle us!?" the man asked.

Drole moved his hands in a certain way causing the ground to shake. "Giga Gauntlet!" Drole yelled under his piece of cloth covering his face. Drole raised his arms and the next thing I saw was dust.

I covered my face to avoid getting any dust in my eyes. When I opened my eyes, there were two giant hands made out of rock placed around the platform.

"Marvelous! This is the stage you will fight upon." Thorny informed us. "I want to get the ball rolling on this, so we'll pare down the contestants to just the ones here."

"With that said, I'll go ahead and eradicate the remaining pests from the maze." Thorny spoke as the thorns around him spun furiously. Without thinking I got in front of Elizabeth.

"Eradicate..?" she questioned. "Oh no..." I whispered. "That's... that's..." King stuttered. "The magic feeling coming off of that monster is without a doubt from the Fairy Folk. And it's impossibly huge."

"Fairy..? Th-that reminds me. There's still a strong floral scent... Ginger?" The Holy Knight spoke.

"Spirit Spear Basquias, 9th Form : Death Thorn." Thorny spoke with a malicious look on his face. His thorns spread out to the maze and the next thing I could hear were the cries and screams of the people still in the maze.

At least I know what the thorns were for...

" All lives in the labyrinth suddenly vanished." a kid spoke. "I'm convinced." a man spoke. "Looks like what they said about granting any wish is probably true." another man said.