Chapter 19: Twenty-One Days

Third POV

It's been a week after Meliodas's tragic death. No one's been dealing with it well. The only person who hadn't mourned yet was Y/N, who had been unconscious for the full week. Only because she had used too much of her power and was drained. It was understandable considering it had been 2000 years since she's used her demonic power.

Elizabeth had just closed up the tavern and decided to check on her three patients, Meliodas, Y/N and Elaine. Ever since Ban killed Melascula, Elaine hasn't been doing well and the immortal asked Elizabeth to look after her while he went to fight for the kingdom.

Elizabeth entered Elaine's room and saw the sickly pale girl. She walked up to the bed and removed the now dry cloth and wet it. She put the now damp cloth onto Elaine's forehead. She then used her magic to heal Elaine of any sicknesses that tried to weaken her already weakened immune system. Elizabeth then left the room, closing the door slowly and proceeded to enter Meliodas' room across the hallway.

She smiled sadly at the peaceful sleeping figure. "Good Afternoon Sir Meliodas." Elizabeth greeted. "I'm sorry I never visited this morning. There were more people than expected today and I was quite busy." she spoke to the motionless blonde.

She felt tears well up when he didn't respond. "Lady Y/N hasn't woken up yet, I'm getting worried for her as well." She continued. Elizabeth took a few more steps closer to Meliodas and latched onto him, letting out her tears. "I just... can't deal with... going on without you... Please, Sir Meliodas... come back to us... come back to... Y/N."

Although it hurt Elizabeth tremendously saying that, she knew it was meant to be that way and she wasn't planning on changing it, even if her heart spoke differently. She stopped her pleads when she heard a thud from another room. She wiped her tears, telling Meliodas she'd come back and left the room. She first checked Elaine's room and found nothing out of the ordinary. She then checked Y/N's room, and she saw the H/Cette had fallen on the floor. "Lady Y/N!!" Elizabeth yelled, running to the girls side.

Y/N rubbed her head, trying to remember the past events. "The hell happened?" she asked groggily, closing her eyes. Meliodas' lifeless pools flashed through her mind and she immediately opened her eyes. She looked at Elizabeth. "Where's the Captain?" she asked, wide eyed.

Elizabeth smiled sadly and beckoned Y/N out of the room and to where Meliodas was resting. Y/N's eyes landed on Meliodas and she let out a breath. She slowly approached Meliodas and put her hand in his. "Elizabeth... can you give us a moment..." Y/N asked to which Elizabeth respected and left the room.

"Guess it wasn't a nightmare... You really are gone..." She spoke sadly with a smile. "Y'know... none of this would've happened... if I had just gone to your side the moment... the Ten Commandments came... but here we are... Here I am... alone... " she spoke, feeling tears form. Y/N hastily wiped her tears away. She's cried enough already, she didn't want to seem weak anymore. "I'm the stupidest person alive... I knew nothing ever good lasts when it comes to me... but I thought 'maybe this time, I'd get lucky'..." her heart clenched painfully, tightening her hold further. Tears formed but she didn't bother wiping them away.

"Uhm... I don't think I ever hinted this, or said it... I didn't even know myself--but... " Y/N took a deep breath. "I love you, Captain... " she spoke.

"It may seem sudden but I have for a long time I just didn't know it and-... " she stopped, finding herself rambling. "I can't find a reason to live without you..." she said, letting her tears fall. She laid on the bed next to him, hoping he'd wake up and calm her down.

It never happened...

Elizabeth came back the next hour to see Y/N curled up in a ball next to Meliodas, sleeping. She smiled, deciding to let the girl sleep peacefully.