Chapter 14 : Reunion

Y/N's POV

This thing is huge. I got into a battle stance. Looks like I'll have to somehow defeat it.

I jumped up to the Earth Crawler. With a determined look on my face, I shot fire towards it. It created large burn marks on the creature and before I could attack again, it's tail crashed against me and I flew back.

Diane caught me. "Thanks!" I smiled at her before continuing. I honestly was going easy for the fact that this thing was easy to beat and that it's been awhile since I've used my power.

With my flames, I made a sword and slashed the monster, cutting it in half. I landed on my feet and got a round of applause. "Thank you, thank you." I spoke, bowing in front of the group.

"That was amazing, Lady Y/N!" Elizabeth praised. "It was nothing." I spoke before sensing another person's presence. I turned around to see a dude with long hair, a wand with a diamond at the tip and a cloak covering his body.

"Who are you?" I asked.

Meliodas's POV

I stood in front of a pile of Earth Crawlers with Arthur beside me.

"I'm alive, thanks to you!" Arthur spoke. I cut out two pieces of meat from the creature, made a campfire and put the meats on a separate stick.

I started frying the meat and looked at Arthur. "Alrighty then. Time to have a taste of this thing." I spoke. I then looked at the meats, spinning them as Arthur spoke. "I knew I could count on you, Meliodas! You took so many out all on your own!"

"I just knocked them out so I could pinch a bit of their meat! Now let's see if this will mark the birth of a new dish or not." I spoke removing the meat from the fire. I then gave Arthur one. "Here."

"H... here goes nothing." Arthur spoke, taking the stick. I took a bite out of the meat, chewed a few times and stopped. "This tastes like crap! Hawk's leftovers it is!".

Arthur spit his food out and chuckled in disbelief. "I heard the rumors, but I didn't believe the flavors could be so devastating." Arthur spoke.

"...Rumors?" I questioned, deciding to play with him. "Are you talking about the flavor of the Earth Crawlers? Or my cooking?" I asked with blank face. "N... Now, now, now, now! Don't be ridiculous! O-o-o-of course I meant the flavor of the Earth Crawler!" Arthur stuttered.

I turned around and started walking, Arthur beside me. "You're a pretty bad liar." I told him. "I'm sure Merlin's already told you everything about me." Arthur spoke, stopping. I stopped walking and looked back. "What's the matter, Arthur?" I asked.

"When I was at destitute and at a loss, Merlin showed me my way. I appreciate her more than words can express. And yet I can't even return a hundredth of her kindness." Arthur spoke dejectedly. "Knowing her, she probably doesn't even think about that." I spoke.

I felt a wave of Y/N's magic and whipped my head towards the left. "There..." I whispered. "Y... you mean a new monster?" Arthur asked. I turned to the wall and put my hand on it. "... Thank goodness." I spoke.

I could feel Y/N doing the same thing. "Y/N, just you wait." I spoke with a smile. "You're sure Y/N is on the other side of this wall? I don't feel a thing." Arthur spoke.

"Know this." I spoke, not turning my attention away from her. "For her, I can do anything." I spoke without thinking of what exactly I was saying. "Now let's see... The problem is how to get to the other side." I spoke, looking upwards.

"G... good point. If we take a wrong turn, we can end up further from each other." Arthur commented. Some heavenly smell flew through my nose. "This smell." I whispered, turning around.