Chapter 17 : The Real Fight

Third POV

Y/N opened her eyes, and an emotion washed over her. She felt insecure, failing to protect yet another person.

Y/N was trapped in a mindscape of Gowther's. He had given Y/N the thought of how she failed, and how worthless she had become.

She felt Gowther wasn't wrong. All she wanted to do was protect someone, looks like she couldn't even perform a single task. Her insecurities had shot up when she saw Sierra die in front of her eyes... again.

I can't save anyone. I'm too weak. I don't deserve to be apart of the Eight Deadly Sins, she thought. She was floating in the darkness, laying down, alone. Her and her thoughts. She actually liked this quietness, being alone, not disturbing anyone with her presence.

She didn't think that being in this state was a burden for the team, considering they couldn't go all out on their opponents, except Gowther. He didn't care. Escanor had taken the opportunity to strike two of the Commandments down, Drole and Gloxinia.

Jericho held Y/N close to her, protecting the unconscious H/Cette. Y/N didn't plan on opening her eyes anytime soon, if she even could. She was in a motionless position, thinking back on all the adventures she's had.

All the times they've won, all the times they've lost, all the times they got back up and worked harder. She couldn't leave them.

No, she couldn't leave them.

She couldn't leave Diane, her best friend and only person she could come to when she'd swoon over a hot guy she met.

She couldn't leave Ban, sure they didn't have the best relationship, but those two and they're drinking competitions. They were inseparable when they occurred.

She couldn't leave King, the person she'd help when he needed relationship advice, saying a friend of his asked. She wasn't oblivious to the fact that King loves Diane, and she also shipped the couple hard, of course she'd help King to get the two together.

There was Gowther... okay she never really had a relationship with Gowther, except the occasional 'Fuck off' she'd say when he'd invade her mind, which was quite often.

She couldn't leave Merlin, she had too many questions about the demon realm to ask the mage. Sure Y/N knew alot about the demon realms spells, though it didn't help that she had forgotten a large portion of them. She knew she needed a trigger to get them back, so she'd continuously bug Merlin, but the black-haired mage would give Y/N missions to do in exchange for information, so that's how that strong relationship formed.

Escanor, oh Escanor... His ego and pride was as huge as his body during the day, Y/N knew Escanor's weakness and she'd use it all the time to set him straight. She knew of his undying love for Merlin and considering her bond with the said-mage, she would tease Escanor about telling on Merlin, knowing he'd freak out. Childish but effective.

Then there was the Captain... Meliodas. She had the strongest bond with the captain, she never had luck to play with, but she used up all she had going with Meliodas and the sins. She had to be honest, those 6 years she's spent with the sins had got to be the best 6 years of her 3500 year life.

She couldn't just give up, not that easy. With all her power, she fought against the darkness.

She thought about all the years she spent alone, and how Sierra erased all those years of loneliness; both Sierra and the Sins. When she woke up, she was in a closed-off cave with everyone except Meliodas, Drole and Gloxinia. Elizabeth, Hawk and Elaine were surrounding Y/N.

Her E/C orbs widened when she heard a crash coming from outside the cave.

(I legit can't think of something to name it)