Chapter 22 : Broken

Elizabeth's POV

There were tear stains on his cheeks and he was all bloodied and bruised. His clothes were torn as well. "What was Sir Meliodas doing... coming from the ruins of Danafall with me in his arms?" my heart fluttered, seeing me in Meliodas's arms but I continued, "I don't understand. He's never once told me about this."

Past Zaratras ran to Past Meliodas. "Ah yes, I remember his reaction that day all too vividly." Present Zaratras spoke. "Hey, you! You're seriously hurt! You should lie down! Give that baby to me!" Past Zaratras spoke, reaching to take baby me. Past Meliodas swatted his hand away. "Don't touch her!" He started.

Meliodas held his sword hilt and pointed it towards Past Zaratras. I recognized the hilt as the same dragon hilt he had when I met him.

"KEEP YOUR PAWS OFF MY BEST FRIEND!!" Meliodas yelled. "Best... friend?" Past Zaratras questioned. I blushed slightly. "Sir Meliodas..."

The scene transported and we where standing in a room. Meliodas stood next to Zaratras who sat down. Meliodas looked much better, in a new set of clothes and a bright smile.

"His Royal Highness possesses the magic ability to see into the future. It's called 'vision'. The other day, he was shown an omen that the little baby he met from Danafall would become his third daughter." Past Zaratras informed.

"In other words, he means to adopt Elizabeth?" Meliodas asked. "The queen's quite taken by her." Past Zaratras spoke. "Got it. But only on the condition that you take me in." Meliodas told him. "Uh... well. Sorry, but I'm not interested in babysitting some kid..." Past Zaratras spoke with a nervous smile.

"Don't get the wrong idea. I mean as a Holy Knight." Meliodas corrected. I only then realized that he had his dragon hilt pinned onto his pants. Past Zaratras burst into laughter. "Well... it is pretty funny." Hawk commented.

"That's one of the top three most embarrassing moments of my life." Present Zaratras spoke, soothing the crease on his forehead. Past Meliodas walked to a weapon rack and took a sword. It was quite big for his size.

"This ought to do. How about we have a match?" Meliodas spoke, holding the sword fairly easily. Past Zaratras became serious. "You may be a child, but you just raised a sword against a Holy Knight. Get ready for a world of pain." he spoke, placing his hand around the hilt of his sword.

Before Past Zaratras could unsheath it, Meliodas had already driven him to the ground, the sword on his neck. Meliodas let out a dark energy, and it looked like it scared Zaratras," I... I surrender!" Past Zaratras yielded. (I couldn't spell yield😂)

"The energy I felt from him was downright demonic. And yet there wasn't an ounce of wickedness in them." Zaratras spoke. "Bet you were scared out of your britches, Zara." Hawk teased.

We then got sent to another place. We were outside and there stood Meliodas and me as a kid.

"At my recommendation, he was assigned to the royal family. More accurately, though, he became the Holy Knight in charge of you, Elizabeth." Zaratras spoke.

"You probably don't remember, but you were very attached to Meliodas when you were young."

"I was..?" I questioned. Past me then kissed Meliodas on the cheek, making heat rush to my cheeks. I touched my lips lightly, the very same ones that kissed Meliodas.

"It was shortly after that his royal highness foretold of their arrival."

The scene changed and we now stood in the throne room. "The Eight Deadly Sins will become the protectors of the Kigndom of Liones!?" Past Zaratras asked. "I saw what I saw, and there's nothing I can do about it!" Father spoke, looking disturbed as well.