Chapter 10 : Friendly Battle

Y/N's POV

It was now Captain's turn. I told Elizabeth to take care of him and I left to get fresh air. I staggered a bit, walking to a cliff.

I sat down and brought my knees to my chest, hugging myself. I let the wind blow through my hair, moving my tears in the process. I looked off into the sunset. I smiled with a pained expression as the sun's rays partially blind me. I look away, blinking furiously to regain my vision.

And to think the only thing that could calm me isn't doing much now.

I chuckled bitterly.

I could've helped the Captain with whatever torture he was receiving, but... I... . I slammed my fist into the ground, creating a small crater. I can't get over this one person and it frustrates me. I bring my dirtied hand up to wipe my tears.

"I'm sorry Sierra..." I said looking up to where angels go, where I'll never go. "I couldn't even fulfill your last wish. I'm useless..." I snuggled my head between my legs. "I guess I've always had that bad luck charm. I don't why I even try my luck sometimes." My voice shaked, echoing in the air.

I sat there, listening to the wind, letting my tears fall. I heard footsteps behind me but I didn't budge. The person sat down next to me. My head suddenly jerked up from the pull on my chin.

My teary E/C eyes met Captain's emerald eyes. His thumb stroked my cheek, wiping my tears. "Y'know you shouldn't suffer alone." He said, frowning. "I could say the same, shorty." I spoke without thinking of the consequences. My face heated up when I realized what I said. I looked away from Captain as he chuckled.

"That has gotta be a first." The blonde said, referring to my new nickname as he sat down next to me. There was a comfortable silence between the two of us when I broke it. "Why did you choose me to join your team?" I asked, tilting my head to face him. He looked at me with a goofy smile.

"Because I wanted to."

I looked at him dead-serious. "Okay... okay. I saw a lot of potential in you and I wasn't going to let you take your life away in an attempt to take away the pain." He spoke truthfully. I looked to the ground, hiding my small blush.

"It's not like I wanted that power back." I whispered bitterly, glaring slightly, hoping he didn't hear me. It was only then I realized how close Captain was to me. His head was resting on my shoulder and somewhere along the way I rested my head on his.

Truth be told, I didn't mind, if anything I'm enjoying it. Ok the fuck is wrong me!? First the blush and now I'm enjoying this close proximity, something's wrong. "We should get back to the others." I offered causing his head to move up slightly, looking at me. I stood up, him falling suit.

"You shouldn't hide your emotions or feelings just to make the others know you're okay when you clearly are not. It'll slowly eat you away. If you need someone just know I'm here, okay." I spoke from hard to soft, causing his eyes to widen. Before he could respond I walked away.

Meliodas' POV

"You shouldn't hide your emotions or feelings just to make the others know you're okay when you clearly are not. It'll slowly eat you away. If you need someone just know I'm here, okay." Y/N spoke, making my eyes widen, surprised by what she said. No one had ever seen through my facade that easily.

She walked away as a blush formed. Her words affected me in a way. "It's not like I wanted that power back." her voice rang in my head.

I shook my head and followed her. We walked towards the main entrance where Jenna and Zaneri as well as King were. "Let me into the Training Grotto, too." King demanded Jenna. "Why the sudden change of mind? I thought you weren't interested in doing any training." Jenna asked with a playful smirk.