Chapter 18 : Dreadful Death

(Good luck with this chapter, I made Y/N weak for the first half of the chapter🖕('⊙ε⊙')🖕)

Third POV

Because there they were, in the flesh. The Ten Commandments.

Zeldris was the first to approach, having the most hate in his heart. He took a step a forward, Meliodas doing the same. They were inches away from attacking, a silence other than the occasional glare.

"He's surrounded... by the Ten Commandments!" Hendrickson spoke, holding small Griamore close. "H-hey... Gil. That's... Chief Holy Knight Dreyfus." Howzer told his best friend. Y/N didn't care about her surroundings, she glared at Zeldris from the orb. She walked forward to Gilfrost still looking at the orb.

"Teleport Meliodas here!" she commanded only to be told Gilfrost had to be in close contact to teleport him and The Commandments would never give him the chance.

(the slip-ups of her calling him Meliodas are not accidental)

Y/N felt bile rise up but she quickly swallowed it down. She watched as Meliodas took a grip on his sword, then swung. Her heart ached when she saw Zeldris cut the blonde's arm off in a split second. Everyone looked at the orb in complete and utter shock as Y/N formed fist, trying to stop her trembling.

I have to go, I have to save him, she thought but she couldn't find it in her to move. Meliodas raised his foot to kick Zeldris, and successfully doing so, black matter from where his arm was supposed to be appeared and tried reaching for his cut off arm. Zeldris did a backflip and landed onto Meliodas' arm.

"Do it!" Zeldris ordered to the Commandment behind Meliodas. The blonde looked to the back of him to see Grayroad, but it was too late to do anything. "Binding Resentment." Grayroad spoke, causing a chain to appear around Meliodas before locking onto him and dissappearing. "What was that just now? An attack spell?" King asked as Y/N her eyes tight and gritted her teeth, trying to stop both her shaking and her tears from showing.

The words Grayroad spoke triggered her to remember a spell she hated so much. "I don't know... But it's outrageously powerful magic." Gilfrost spoke, making sure to hold his orb properly. Meliodas kicked Zeldris twice, hoping to distract the black head. Receiving good results, his foot connected with Zeldris' forehead, sending Meliodas flying backwards. Zeldris removed his foot from the arm in shock.

Still flying, Meliodas reattached his arm, and flipped himself around to face Estarossa and Gloxinia. He drove his fist in the ground, causing a cloud of dust to form as he neared the two. Forming the distraction he sneaked past them and ran away from the battlefield, knowing he wouldn't be able to fight all nine of the Commandments.

Y/N let a tear pass as he appeared back in the middle of the commandments. "That's what 'Binding Resentment' does." Y/N spoke, taking deep breaths to calm her down. "He's been cursed... So that he can't leave that place. It's either him or the caster that dies to be able to leave. I'm all sure you're aware... of which one it is..." Y/N's voice cracked at the end. "Don't talk like that Y/N! Have faith!" Elizabeth tried to calm down the H/Cette. "I'm sorry, I can't help it." Y/N spoke, opening her eyes slightly to look at Elizabeth.

The silver-haired saw the raw pain displayed in her eyes and she couldn't help but wince. Both girls payed attention to the orb. Derieri snuck up on Meliodas from behind and punched him. He was caught by surprise and forced into defense mode. All he could do was cover his face with his arms as Derriere punched him, getting stronger each time.

"S-somethings off about this." Hendrickson pointed out. "She's getting stronger and stronger." Howzer spoke, surprised. Y/N winced looking at Meliodas' bruised arms. "I'm guessing he's forgotten about Derieri's 'Combo Star', if he even knows about it." Y/N spoke, catching everyone's confused glances. "It's a super offensive specialized magic that, as long as her combination attacks hit their mark without any break, adds 200,000 pounds of weight each strike." She spoke, rubbing her arms, remembering when she got attacked by Derriere with 'Combo Star'.