° 1 °

"Tama, cover!"

The yells of her teammates still echoes through her head.

"Give it to me!"

She still could feel the overwhelmed feeling when she jumped high to spike the ball over the net.

"Nice block!"

"Set for me!"

Until one moment made her loose focus.

Kazumi hit the ball as fast as she could, but was blocked by the middle blockers. She was relief when the libero on her team manage to save it. "Sorry, cover!"

She quickly went to the back to get ready to do her usual fast strike. As the setter throws the ball for her, Kazumi jumped high.

But was blocked yet again. Letting the opponents earn one point.

And gave them a full victory.

Kazumi stopped by a store. She stood upon a vending machine and insert a cash and push a button, giving her favorite strawberry milk. She look at the vending machine again, gazing at her reflection.

Cheers were heard, echoing through the gym. Kazumi kneeled down with her head followed. Her bangs shadowed her eyes as she tries not to cry.

She heard footsteps of her teammates coming to her, a pair of arms rested on her shoulders.

"...Everyone...I'm sorry... I c-couldn't get a point for us."

Kazumi sighed and stuck the straw on the milk box and drank on it. Her hair flows with the wind along with her skirt as it blew pass her. She look over the sky to see the sun rising.

"A week more before school..." She murmured before drinking her milk. She heard a door bring slide open and her name was called.

"Oh, Zumi?!" Miyuki suddenly exclaimed as she exited the store with her friend. Kazumi look back to see her cousin.

"Miyuki? Didn't know you're here." She replied in a low tone. She saw a black hair girl beside her as both of them walk to her side.

Miyuki hugged her tightly, the plastic bag hanging on her hand.. "Wahh! Zumi! How I miss you!"

"M-Miyuki--"

The black hair girl quickly pry Miyuki off of Kazumi. "Miyuki, you're suffocating her."

"A-Ah, sorry, Zumi!" Miyuki calmed down and rubbed her head a little.

Kazumi smiled a little. "Don't worry about it."

"Oi, what's with the noise?" A sudden male voice yelled out as a blonde man dressed in cleric uniform exited the store. He then saw the girls.

"Still here, Miyuki? What kind of trouble are you causing now?" The man walk to them as Miyuki jumped.

"I-I never caused any problems!"

"Calm down, Yuki."

The man saw Kazumi and waved at her. "Yo. Never seen you around here before."

Kazumi sipped onto her strawberry milk as she reply. "I'm not the person that goes out very much."

The man before her nodded, understood. "Nice to meet you. My name is Keishin Ukai, the cleric to this old store of my family. I sell meat buns here. If you like, you can have one." The blonde man, Ukai, introduced to her.

"It's nice to meet you, Ukai. I'm Kazumi Tama." She bowed a little in respect and rise back up to drink her milk.

Ukai jump to the sudden respect from a teen. "S-So polite! Who is she?"