° 13 °

It was early in the morning for Karasuno team as the members all gather around sitting in front of Kazumi, Daichi and Takeda as she announced something. Daichi had entrusted her for their lineups. They had talk about it with Takeda as well.

"So, about the lineup for the practice match... This is what I think we should do." Kazumi said as she held out a board with their names on it, with a drawing of the court.

Narita, Kinoshita, Yamaguchi and Suga were in the sidelines while Ennoshita, Tsukishima and Kageyama line up in front. At the back row of the names were Daichi, Hinata and Tanaka.

"We want to use Kageyama and Hinata as a set, and Tsukishima is one of the very few tall players we have. I want to see how they fare against Seijou." Daichi said, giving out his idea to them.

"Why's Hinata in a position which places importance on height?" Tanaka asked, pointing at the board.

Hinata gasped and looked at his name on the small board, seeing 'MB' beside his name. "Middle blocker? Am I playing the same position as Tsukishima the beanpole?"

Takeda held out his hand as he look at the volleyball guide book. "H-Hang on. Mind if I review the positions?"

"Sure. What you got, sir?"

"Setters ; their primary task being setting for spikes, they're playmakers who orchestrate a team's offense.

Wing spikers ; the nucleus of a team's offense, they're also all-rounders who can handle both attack and defense.

Middle blockers ; they block opposition attacks and also score points via quick attacks. Also, they act as decoys to lure in opposition blocks."

After the explanation, Takeda turned towards Daichi and Kazumi. "Is that okay?"

Daichi smiled. "There are other positions, like ones that specialize in defense, but that'll do for now."

"Listen up, Hinata." Kageyama started as he stood up and point his pointing finger to the tangerine. "You are the greatest decoy!"

"Woo!! The greatest...decoy? I'm not too happy about this." Hinata yelled out and suddenly frowned.

"We'll rack up a bunch of points using quick attacks and make the opposition's defense focus on you. That'll make things easier for the other spikers."

"Oh!"

Kazumi cleaned up and look back at the board before continuing Kageyama's words. "If a bunch of tall guys like Tsukishima were to stupidly fall for your tricks, wouldn't it feel awesome?"

"Oh! That sounds really good!"

"Hey! You'd better not be calling Tsukki stupid!"

"Shut up, Yamaguchi."

"Sorry, Tsukki."

"On the other hand..." Kageyama look at Hinata. "Assume that our entire offense will collapse if you don't prove effective."

"Hey!" Daichi stopped him after Hinata jumped. "Don't put too much pressure on the guy!"

"Collapse...collapse...collapse..."

"Look what you've done!"

"But what about blocking? That's just important." Tanaka said as Kazumi walked closer to him. "No matter how high his vertical, it's gonna take him more time to reach the peak of his jump in comparison to taller guys."

Kazumi nodded in agreement before replying. "You're right. So Hinata's gonna have to focus less on knocking down opposition spikes and more on touching them. We're gonna use his ridiculously high reaction speed and have him slow down opposition spikes by touching them somehow, which will give us a better chance to dig them out and counterattack."